>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I Knew You Were Trouble is a song recorded by the ever popular American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift for her fourth studio album Red, which became a huge hit in many countries.

The lesson is based on the acoustic version and covers three guitar parts. Taylor’s part in the key of C/Am, capoed on the fourth fret, the rhythm guitar part in the absolute key of Gb/Ebm and the second guitar part in the key of G/Em, with the guitar tuned down a half step. Especially the latter uses quite a few different chord shapes and a couple of three/four-string voicings high up the neck.

The song has four chords and a very easy chord progression for the verses, I, V, VI, IV, which everyone should be familiar with since it’s used in tons of songs.

The lesson takes a close look at the strumming hand since it’s very important in this song. It changes from very fast strumming with the speed of 16th’s to 8th’s back and forth, and from common time to half time and back. Also palm muting and flatpicking the strings are techniques incorporated into the playing.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 am

TGNessa,

So keeping us on our toes hey Ness?! You do like to change things up. :) now Tuuuuuueeesday will become my favorite day it seems. :) Well it had the potential to be a bit boring to be sure. ;)

You've been hard at work. The preview is a lesson all by itself and a gift to people accessing the forum, like a freebie. :)

I started to enjoy this along with my lunch. The right-hand segment is choked full of good approaches to strumming that we can use in our general playing. In fact you've got my mind working overtime regarding bits of this I can use in something else I'm working on now. Very cool.

I'm looking forward to getting to your playthrough and the rest of the lesson. I just wanted to drop you and big THANKS now as it might take me a little bit to get back to this.

Love your work.

Shel

michelew

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:37 am

I just watched your playthrough Ness.

WOW! I LOVE it. I LOVE everything you're doing with the right hand especially, it sounds SOOOOOOO cool and looks great too. I SWEAR your hand was blurring. I think I'll be learning this for sure after watching and hearing that. Your energy in this is infectious.

Well watching your lessons is trouble for me. Haha! They always distract me from the previous thing I was working on. That's for sure.

Thanks. I really enjoyed that.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Vanessa

You went to a lot of Trouble three lessons in one..... :ohmy:

Thanks

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Image :dry:

willem

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Topper, with a capital T

Willem

TGNesh

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:42 am

Haha, the distraction-thing, trouble!! :P

' If you're looking for trouble, you came to the righ place' !!! :laugh:

Thank you SO much Shel, so glad you liked the play through and that you got a heap out of it! Personally I really believe that guitar playing is SO much about the strumming hand, what you do with that one. And I indeed had fun playing this too, I think I've become a Swiftie! :P

Thanks again for your endless support, means a lot to me! :) :kiss:

Ness

michelew wrote:
I just watched your playthrough Ness.

WOW! I LOVE it. I LOVE everything you're doing with the right hand especially, it sounds SOOOOOOO cool and looks great too. I SWEAR your hand was blurring. I think I'll be learning this for sure after watching and hearing that. Your energy in this is infectious.

Well watching your lessons is trouble for me. Haha! They always distract me from the previous thing I was working on. That's for sure.

Thanks. I really enjoyed that.

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:46 am

Thanks for noticing Dermot :) , since it's true, I do go quite a few extra miles. I sometimes plan to make it short, but I always fail doing that :S , so a whole bunch of info afterall.

Thanks again! :)

Ness

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

You went to a lot of Trouble three lessons in one..... :ohmy:

Thanks

Dermot

TGNesh

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 am

En jij bent een Schat, with a capital S!!!!!! :kiss: :P

willem wrote:
Topper, with a capital T