>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

As the Police’s career together was winding down they put out what is probably their finest album, Synchronicity. The variety and complexity of the songs was quite advanced from their early days. Wrapped Around Your Finger somewhat foreshadowed what was to soon come from Sting as a solo artist.

This lesson tries to incorporate bits of what all three musicians added to the recording into a solo guitar accompaniment. It includes percussive finger strumming and some big stretches to bring out the opening theme, although a simplified alternate way is presented as well.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:15 pm

This time i like the drummer in the life in Japan video!!!

Willem

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks

sandysue

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi willem

I love the drummer too. He's playing everything but the kitchen sink up there, and he sounds great. I really like this song, and the way Neil plays it. I would like to learn the instrumental version some day. My wish list keeps getting longer and longer.

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Sandy Wrote:
I would like to learn the instrumental version some day. My wish list keeps getting longer and longer.

Sandy
I was hooked when Neil played only a few notes.

Nice !

:)

unclewalt

Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

willem

Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:58 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi willem

I love the drummer too. He's playing everything but the kitchen sink up there, and he sounds great. I really like this song, and the way Neil plays it. I would like to learn the instrumental version some day. My wish list keeps getting longer and longer.

Sandy
Hi Sandy,, you are ready for a new instrumental? Have e a look at Jim Croce lesson"I'll have to say i love you in a song"

Willem

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 pm

If I remember correctly.. Marc was really wanting this lesson, so he'll be glad to see this!

I'm sure I'll take a gander as well. Been a while since I've tried a level 7

Lavallee

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Thank you Neil for putting in such a masterpiece song. This is moving right up there in my priorities. Once I can play it I will come back and bug you for the solo version :) .

You have a good memory Al, this song makes my day.

Back to practice

Marc

fjeanmur

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 am

willem wrote:
sandysue wrote:
Hi willem

Sandy
Hi Sandy,, you are ready for a new instrumental? Have e a look at Jim Croce lesson"I'll have to say i love you in a song"

Willem
Willem,

I'm going to look into the Croce lesson. I never would have though of it. You suggested the fingerpicking version of "Here Come the Sun" during the summer and ever since then I've been hooked on instrumentals. Vanessa recently suggested I try "Rosa May" which I would like to get to, but I've decided to tackle "Romanza instead." Sorry, Vanessa! I agree with Sandy that my list keeps getting longer. But if Neil should decide to do the instrumental version of "Wrapped around Your Finger," I hope I'll be up to the challenge.

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic