>> Newest Target members only lesson- Fly On The Wall - I Can’t Tell You Why Lesson 2 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

A week after our first look at I Can’t Tell You Why, Sandy and I worked on fine tuning some things. It started with strumming ideas and accents as far as accompaniment for singing, with thoughts about how the types of chords can affect the mood, then got a little further into the arrangement.

We also worked on lead ideas and how to work a simple lead into the strumming to fill out the song. This turned into some examples of balancing harmonic and non-harmonic notes to create a pleasant solo, with particular emphasis on staying with notes in the key.

We ended with Sandy making her own home video to work with at home.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

willem

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:10 pm

What an great, great fly on the wall,, really great info, Sandy tell Neil you both blend well with the singin. :)

Willem

TGNesh

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 pm

You're great Sandy! I can't wait to play this together in September!! :cheer: ;)

Ness

(I'm lucky though, I usually play this one with a friend, who LOVES to play lead! So I'm happy to provide the rhythm guitar part and just sing it. :) )

familyman4

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I enjoyed watching you guys work your way through this arrangement! Thanks for sharing :)

BTW, I thought I had seen every gadget available for playing guitar until at the very end of the 3rd part of this FOTW, I noticed a brace that Sandy was using to help stabalize the guitar against her left leg. Sandy, how long have you been usng that and is that something you use all of the time?

Bart

sandysue

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Thank you Willem for the singing compliment. I don't have a very strong voice, so I usually sing so quietly that no one else can hear me, which may actually be a blessing.

Thank's Ness. I would be honored to play this song with you at IGC this year. I love the way you sing and play. I just hope that you weren't suggesting that I would be the one playing lead guitar. That's pretty funny. But of course I'm game if you are. I just hope you don't get embarrassed easily. However, I would really need a lot of wine for that open mic.

Hi Bart. That gadget is called an A frame. I found out about it from Steve Kanefsky at camp. He helped me order it from amazon.com.. I noticed that Muriel Anderson was using a similar device, and I think Alex De Grassi, or one of the other instructors was also using an A frame like mine. I just love that device. It really stabilizes my guitar and makes it so much easier to play. I can hardly play the guitar without it anymore.

Sandy

TGNesh

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 am

The wine-thing? We can fix that!! :P :laugh:

As far as the lead guitar goes, well yóu're working on it right now, aren't you????! ;) (at least the 3rd verse!)

And I'd be absolutely honored too!! :cheer: :)

Oh btw there will be more than one open mic, I think even three or so, in other words plenty of opportunity there I'd say! ;)

Ness

sandysue wrote:

Thank's Ness. I would be honored to play this song with you at IGC this year. I love the way you sing and play. I just hope that you weren't suggesting that I would be the one playing lead guitar. That's pretty funny. But of course I'm game if you are. I just hope you don't get embarrassed easily. However, I would really need a lot of wine for that open mic.

Sandy

willem

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm

I thought we had an target lesson for this but I guess this is it. :(

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic