>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The End - Pearl Jam

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AndyT

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Michelle,
You are correct my dear lady. Sad songs have so much emotion in them that they almost always touch us deeply.

I was just thinking of starting a sad songs thread when I read it in your post.

My question in the other thread has been answered. Its the amount of raw emotion the performers put into the music that really gets you and makes a song better or even great. I know I've had songs I just never cared for come alive during a live performance and catch my ear. After that, I like the song, but only because I saw it done live with feeling. Tears in Heaven is a perfect example of this. It was just a song until I saw Eric get all misty-eyed on stage while playing it. Now its a sweet ballad of remorse.

michelew

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 am

AndyT wrote:
Michelle,
You are correct my dear lady. Sad songs have so much emotion in them that they almost always touch us deeply.

I was just thinking of starting a sad songs thread when I read it in your post.

My question in the other thread has been answered. Its the amount of raw emotion the performers put into the music that really gets you and makes a song better or even great. I know I've had songs I just never cared for come alive during a live performance and catch my ear. After that, I like the song, but only because I saw it done live with feeling. Tears in Heaven is a perfect example of this. It was just a song until I saw Eric get all misty-eyed on stage while playing it. Now its a sweet ballad of remorse.
Glad to hear we're on the same page Andy and that you've worked out the answer to your other question. If you're thinking about starting a thread on sad songs, absolutely go for it. There's lots of good food for thought there. Happy (or at least heart-felt) playing. :)

M

michelew

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 am

TGVanessa wrote:

Michele: ... And if you play it and just concentrate on the song and the lyrics (which was hard since I was distracted by my throat :S ), you just gotta throw your heart and soul in it. During the week, while playing it here and there, it really gave me goosebumps...And now, you just gotta show it to me once you got it down!!!!! ;) :)

TGNess B)
Hey Ness. I'm working on it. No promises that I'll actually post something (especially as I don't have that much confidence in my singing, with this especially), but if I record it you'll get a peek as a 'thanks!' for a great lesson. ... Well of course you might actually consider it a consolation prize instead. :P

M (President of the We-LOVE-Nessa-the-Cool Fan Club)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic