>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The End - Pearl Jam

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The End is a beautiful and incredibly sad song recorded by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam. It’s the final track of their ninth studio album ‘Backspacer’, which was released in 2009.

It features relatively easy chord shapes with the main melody notes of Eddie Vedder’s vocals incorporated, and moderately fast fingerpicking, which should be doable for most guitar players. The song is in the key of G and although the lesson is presented in standard tuning, on the original recording the guitar is tuned down a half step.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:39 pm

What an special song this is,, its so special to my ears, the chords and how the melody fits in, is it here and there unisono with picked out string notes?
Can you tell a bit a bout this?

And you covered it great.

Willem

michelew

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:51 pm

TGNessa,

OMG!!!.... I just listened to your playthrough. .... You have me in tears...and I have a huge lump in my throat.

You're SO amazing. I can't believe how you're able to sing SO powerfully and emotionally while recovering from a cold. But then I guess I shouldn't be surprised any more. ...

What a heart wrenching song, what an beautifully passionate performance. ... This might just need to go into the favorite performance list.

I love this song. Eddie definitely has some tear jerkers.

I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to do the singing justice like you just did, but I'll be learning this one for sure.

Thank you ...

Shel

AcousticAl

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Looking forward to watching this lesson, Vanessa.

Some of the picking and shapes in your preview remind me a bit of Blackbird.

michelew

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 am

Nessa,

I'm SO enjoying learning this. It's SO beautiful.

And I love that you intersperse the tricker songs with more "doable" ones that are still REALLY cool.

I may just have to be content with playing it. It's so heart-wrenching when singing ... Well you get the picture, having sung it so powerfully. It demands that you ... expose a very vulnerable side of yourself in a way.... It takes a lot of courage.

Al - Blackbird-esk...oh yes!

Thanks!

AndyT

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:58 am

Musically, I really like it. I really like Pearl Jam anyway.
Lyrically, ummm... Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong point of view. It seemed horribly depressing to me. Did I miss something?

TGNesh

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:35 am

Willem: I'm explaining/showing it in the lesson Willem, you gotta check it out! And thanks! :)

Michele: Thx for dropping in double! ;) I couldn't agree more with everything you said Shel, it's a heartwrenching song.......gosh...it's intense on so many levels....so delivering it.....well I'm pretty thrilled that you think i did okay on the playthrough! :cheer: And if you play it and just concentrate on the song and the lyrics (which was hard since I was distracted by my throat :S ), you just gotta throw your heart and soul in it. During the week, while playing it here and there, it really gave me goosebumps...And now, you just gotta show it to me once you got it down!!!!! ;) :) Thanks so very much Shel!

AcousticAl: That's good to hear Al, really hope you'll enjoy the lesson! And yep, you're so right, absolutely similar to Blackbird. Actually I'd love to see a rendition by you of this one!! :)

Andy: There is no 'right point of view' Andy. Everyone has their own. Eddie Vedder calls this song 'incredibly sad' and I feel the same way. It all depends on how you look at it. When you're sick, when you're getting close to death, when you're trying to reach for the ones you love when you're not really able to do that for whatever reason, well that is pretty sad, or depressing or whatever.....thanks for dropping by.

TGNess B)

michelew

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 am

AndyT wrote:
Musically, I really like it. I really like Pearl Jam anyway.
Lyrically, ummm... Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong point of view. It seemed horribly depressing to me. Did I miss something?
Andy - there are many beautiful songs that are terribly sad; Tears in Heaven, Angel, Vincent, Riverman just off the top of my head (maybe we should start a thread asking people for their favourite sad songs). That's sort of the point all by itself. These songs make your feel something significant. They effectively capture a raw emotion and really cut to something that many people can relate to. Sometimes you might think it's beautiful but too intense to listen to ... I certainly find that true of a number of songs. Some of Adele's just kill me, especially if I'm already low.

Songs like this can be very cathartic, therapeutic. It definitely depends on the person and the moment.

Just the other day you were lamenting that the music you were listening to didn't move you. ...

willem

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Alright Ness, most of the time I watch your preview and then your playthrough, then I listen to the artist who's the song from, then back to your playthrough and listen how well you done it and make a comment.

but most of your lessons I watch too,

thanks for pointing out what asked and thought.

willem

willem

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Alright Ness, most of the time I watch your preview and then your playthrough, then I listen to the artist who's the song from, then back to your playthrough and listen how well you done it and make a comment.

but most of your lessons I watch too,

thanks for pointing out what asked and thought.

willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic