>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Music101 with Bob Lindsay Part 7

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new addition to the Fly On The Wall lesson with Bob L.

Part 7 stated with me promising he was about to get the last piece of vital info for the day, using the dominant seventh chord on step five in the key, which is particularly common in the key of E to avoid the dreaded B chord.

Then we took it home with the answer to a question that led to everything we had just spent 90 minutes discussing, how to play Dm7. We ended with another round of reviewing and summarizing the many bases we tried to cover.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ndsay.html

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Bob:

Thanks so much for letting your lesson be placed up here on the forum. There was some great info in there. I am really looking forward to meeting up with you again at this year's IGC (at least I think you are signed up - better double check the current list...lol).

Neil:

It is always so great to watch you with students. You are very encouraging and you seem to be able to connect with each person differently, depending on their strong and weak points. I really hope that I am able to swing a lesson someday, if I am in the area. I could really use some guidance on finding the epiphany moment for understanding progressions and how to use them. Each of the FOTW videos that go up are full of useful information and go very well with the AGS videos.

Again, thanks to both of you for sharing your session. B)

Jason

jayswett

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 pm

This was a very good set of lessons for those who are interested in beginning the journey of learning music theory. Thanks Bob and Neil.

jayswett

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Witih regard to the last segment on 7th chords, I had assumed previously that making a major chord into a 7th chord merely involved including the 7th note of the major scale. From what I can tell at this point, that thinking is incorrect. Will check the Acoustic Genius Series for clarificaton.

Update: Flatted 7th. Got it.

plantman

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:15 am

Neil and Bob,
really got a lot from watching your lesson. I think I can relate to a lot of what Neil had you work through and it gave me some ideas on what to work on myself. I especially liked Neils, comment in the summary about catching your head knowledge up with your fingers!
See you at camp again this year.
Chan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic