>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Sirens - Pearl Jam

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed May 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Sirens is a song by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam. It is taken from their tenth studio album, ‘Lightning Bolt’ which was released in the fall of 2013.

It is a great song for beginners since it contains a lot of open chords, including some easy variations, which are the first ones that every new guitar player should learn. Also the progression and the strumming should be very do-able.

A couple of challenges might be the fast chord changes in the Pre-Chorus, and a little ascending bass line in the Chorus.

Enjoy this level 2 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Wed May 14, 2014 2:33 pm

I listen to the song and thought what a great band and what a great singer Vedder is.

compliment for going into your headvoice like Vedder also did on a few moments, I also like when you close your eyes and enjoy your moment there(or concentrade?).

Oke its a 2 level song guitar wise but singin that it becomes a 9.9 level :laugh: B)

Willem

TGNesh

Wed May 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Many thanks for the compliments Willem! :) And yes, since the lyrics are heavy and deep, singing it makes me close my eyes here and there, to really feel the emotion or something.

Yes, Eddie Vedder is a great singer, he's got quite a range, gosh! :ohmy:

Thanks again Willem! :cheer:

willem wrote:
I listen to the song and thought what a great band and what a great singer Vedder is.

compliment for going into your headvoice like Vedder also did on a few moments, I also like when you close your eyes and enjoy your moment there(or concentrade?).

Oke its a 2 level song guitar wise but singin that it becomes a 9.9 level :laugh: B)

Willem

sandysue

Wed May 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Ness

Another really pretty song. It's a good song to practice strumming. You get those really low notes well, even though it may not feel as comfortable for you. Your voice sounded good to me.

michelew

Thu May 15, 2014 3:58 am

TGNessa,

GOSH! You just never cease to move me whenever I see and hear you perform. It's like you have a direct link to my feelings.

Eddie V has got some beautifully passionate and deeply emotional songs. And you perform his material with SUCH feeling and sensitivity, just beautiful and in this case sort of quietly intense in parts.

This is another cool piece. I love the quick syncopated changes and the percussive elements. I love the way you're grabbing the neck to mute the strings. Very cool!

I'm not keeping up with new releases so thanks for introducing me to another fairly recent album too.

Love your work Teach!

Shel

TGNesh

Mon May 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks so much sweet Sandy, certainly glad to hear that!! :) :)

And you're right, great strumming song, so get your picks out and strum away! :P

Thanks again Sandy!

Ness

sandysue wrote:
Hi Ness

Another really pretty song. It's a good song to practice strumming. You get those really low notes well, even though it may not feel as comfortable for you. Your voice sounded good to me.

TGNesh

Mon May 19, 2014 2:58 pm

And yóu never cease to make me smile!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

It's always a major compliment when being able to move someone....and yes, Eddie V. has some songs with lots of emotions, never really knew until recently. I'm glad you think I can perform them! :cheer:

Thanks so much sweet friend! :kiss:

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

GOSH! You just never cease to move me whenever I see and hear you perform. It's like you have a direct link to my feelings.

Eddie V has got some beautifully passionate and deeply emotional songs. And you perform his material with SUCH feeling and sensitivity, just beautiful and in this case sort of quietly intense in parts.

This is another cool piece. I love the quick syncopated changes and the percussive elements. I love the way you're grabbing the neck to mute the strings. Very cool!

I'm not keeping up with new releases so thanks for introducing me to another fairly recent album too.

Love your work Teach!

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic