>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Bonfire Heart - James Blunt

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue May 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

James Blunt is a British singer-songwriter and widely known for his major hits such as ‘You’re Beautiful’ and ‘Goodbye My Lover’. ‘Bonfire Heart’ is the first single from his fourth studio album ‘Moon Landing’, released in 2013, and was co-written with OneRepublic’s lead singer Ryan Tedder.

The song features an easy progression in standard tuning and contains the I, III, IV, V, and VI chords in the key of C. It involves a somewhat tricky, but straight forward fingerpicking pattern and fast upbeat strumming. Also the barre chords that James uses might be challenging for beginner.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dtaylor

Tue May 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Ness, every song choice you come up with adds another to my 'to do' list, I love your taste in music.

Please keep the contemporary stuff going, I love the mix of old and new.

As long as there's something new to learn I'm happy :)

Dean

willem

Tue May 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Great rhythm.

Willem

TGNesh

Tue May 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Dean, I couldn't be more pleased! If you're happy, I'm happy, so I'll do my very best to keep you happy!!!!! :cheer: :P :laugh:

Thank you very much for your kind and motivating comment! :)

Ness

dtaylor wrote:
Ness, every song choice you come up with adds another to my 'to do' list, I love your taste in music.

As long as there's something new to learn I'm happy :)

Dean

TGNesh

Tue May 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Yep! :)

willem wrote:
Great rhythm.

Willem

michelew

Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 pm

dtaylor wrote:

Dean
Ditto, ditto, DITTO! :) :) :) I absolutely second what Dean said.

Of course Ness I'm finding that you're not only inspiring me to put it on my "to-do list" but that I have no choice but to "get into it" straight away almost every week. Ahhhhh... Being so inspired every week does impact on the success I'm having at actually finishing too many things :) ;p ... need more spare time; excuses, excuses.

This lesson is another example of how you make it all look so easy, make each song SO entertaining and fun and how you make it sound so authentic and GREAT!

I LOVE the playthrough (including the reminder at the beginning to just keep going).

Cool song. Lots of fun! Fantastic playthrough, it made me want to get up and dance around the lunch room here at work. :) I just tapped my foot and danced in the chair instead. :)

I'm SO glad you couldn't resist doing a playthrough. I REALLY enjoyed watching it and I'll be getting into learning this one soon (too) for sure.

Is it possible that you're toooooooo inspirational..?.. Hmmmm.... Nahhhhh, no such thing.

I LOVE your work! Keep doin' what you do SO well.

Cooooooool!

Oh and yep, I liked it. :P

Shel

TGNesh

Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 am

Oh my, how nice to wake up to súch a response!! :cheer: My number one-fan!!! :P :kiss:

Well I'm certainly glad that I did the play through after all then! ;) And yeah it is a fun song to play, I actually really ike the video along with that, people having fun at a wedding celebrating love, despite of the hard world we live in. Often Blunt is more into sad songs (I got a few on my sleeve though), but this one is certainly more cheery! :)

'Inspirational, inspiring'.......I dig thát compliment ány time!!!!!!! :woohoo: ;)

Thanks so much Shel!!!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
dtaylor wrote:

Dean
Ditto, ditto, DITTO! :) :) :) I absolutely second what Dean said.

Of course Ness I'm finding that you're not only inspiring me to put it on my "to-do list" but that I have no choice but to "get into it" straight away almost every week. Ahhhhh... Being so inspired every week does impact on the success I'm having at actually finishing too many things :) ;p ... need more spare time; excuses, excuses.

This lesson is another example of how you make it all look so easy, make each song SO entertaining and fun and how you make it sound so authentic and GREAT!

I LOVE the playthrough (including the reminder at the beginning to just keep going).

Cool song. Lots of fun! Fantastic playthrough, it made me want to get up and dance around the lunch room here at work. :) I just tapped my foot and danced in the chair instead. :)

I'm SO glad you couldn't resist doing a playthrough. I REALLY enjoyed watching it and I'll be getting into learning this one soon (too) for sure.

Is it possible that you're toooooooo inspirational..?.. Hmmmm.... Nahhhhh, no such thing.

I LOVE your work! Keep doin' what you do SO well.

Cooooooool!

Oh and yep, I liked it. :P

Shel

michelew

Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 am

I really like the video too, well especially the ending.

I must say though, I kept thinking 'F---in' idiot! No helmet'. My uncle was a biker until he got side swiped by a car running a red light one night on his way home. The helmet saved his life. He was a paraplegic for a long time afterward.

But I do like the joy at the end mixed with meeting new folks and speeding tickets. (Maybe it was for riding without a helmet :) )

I've been learning it tonight. You're right it's very do-able. Yeh!

Shel - Nessa's-number-one-fan. :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic