>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - You're Beautiful - James Blunt

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

You’re Beautiful is a song co-written by British singer-songwriter James Blunt for his 2004 debut album, ‘Back To Bedlam’. It was released as the third single and became his biggest hit in the US.

The song features a very common I, V, VI, IV progression in the key of G, capoed at the 8th fret, and a moderately fast strumming pattern. It is fun to play and a great start for beginners.

Enjoy this level 2 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Wow Vanessa,,I love this song..thx,you are beautiful!!!!!

Willem

Edit: second wow, special I like the explain and counting 1/16 notes and when to hit the strings,,and of course your cover of the song..

TGNesh

Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm

:) :cheer: :kiss: :) :cheer: :kiss:

Many thanks Willem!! B)

willem wrote:

Willem

Edit: second wow, special I like the explain and counting 1/16 notes and when to hit the strings,,and of course your cover of the song..

willem

Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
:) :cheer: :kiss: :) :cheer: :kiss:

Many thanks Willem!! B)

willem wrote:

Willem

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ..lol

sandysue

Tue May 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Wow Ness

I love that song and the lyrics. Very cool. Thanks for coming up with that one

Sandy

michelew

Tue May 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey Ness,

I was happy to see you doing this one, its a beautiful song and fun to play. I love the sound of the droning top strings (well repeated throughout anyway).

I learned and played it for the 3/4 chord songs thread as you know, but I picked up a couple of things to improve my version from this lesson. I think I might have played something other than A7sus4 for example. And just some of the nice expression you put in, like getting really quiet near the end. I also hadn't realised that the time signature changed so much. I was just copying the sound and feel of the stresses on the original.

OMG you really break down the strumming pattern. That's a fantastic thing for people who struggle to replicate what they're hearing. In fact, as always you've put a great deal of thought and work into teaching what is a pretty straight forward song, which will make it doable for anyone who wants to learn it.

I must admit it was comforting to hear your fingers were sore. I remember mine killing me when I learned this originally. :) ahhhh...the price we pay to get a beautiful song under our belts right!? :)

I LOVE your singing on this and your playing is always something that I try to emulate; nice variation, expression and sensitivity. Oh and your ability to play, sing, and SMILE in front of the camera. :) ;) awesome multi-tasking. :kiss: :kiss: :P B)

Thanks Nessa!

Shel

haoli25

Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 pm

What Shel said.......

TGNessa, you're the best. Thanks for the lesson.

Bill

familyman4

Wed May 28, 2014 9:47 am

I love your style girl!!!! As usual, I went to the play through and noticed Michelle playing some of the leads. What a nice touch...

Looks like a fun one to add to the list.

Bart

willem

Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 am

familyman4 wrote:
I love your style girl!!!! As usual, I went to the play through and noticed Michelle playing some of the leads. What a nice touch...

Bart
yes Bart that was really nice,, Michele is beautiful too!! B)

Willem

willem

Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 am

familyman4 wrote:

Bart
yes Bart that was really nice,, Michele is beautiful too!! B)

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic