>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall with Jay Part 1 - Using A Pick

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed May 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Jay is one of our charter TG members who joined us during our first live broadcast in April 2009. Almost 5 years to the date he came out to TG Central for a lesson.

We started off just getting to know each other a bit, talked about songs and guitars, and the benefits of changing strings. When Jay started he seemed to find fingerpicking easier than playing with a pick.

As you may guess, that took us in the direction of working with a pick. Jay broke out Thank You by Led Zeppelin as an example of his picking technique.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... h-jay.html

willem

Wed May 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Wow Jay,,you're a cool guy,,hope its gonna be a 10 part fly on the wall,,I will try to hold the pick that way 'cos I struggle with it much..thx

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Great to see Jay and Neil together! Timely video for me as I am trying to get to grips with a pick too at the mo. Working on the fast strum to Question has been easier with my fingers but the to power and volume a pick gives you on 12 strings is much more exciting and I'd really like to master it. I can't quite hold it as Neil shows (although I'm pretty close to it) and I sometimes hold like Jay is holding. Down strokes are no problem but up strokes, when you are picking up speed is more difficult. Hard to get my wrist rolling like Neil's but I can see it is the key to speed. I guess I will just plug on trying to keep to Neil's technique best I can.... unless there are other helpful suggestions out there on how to speed up?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic