>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Bloody Hell Mate! with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Recently a group of pirates hijacked a thread on the TG Forum. It seems our beloved Sandy started the mutiny taking off with the phrase “Bloody Hell Mate!” and recruited her own band of gypsies to write a song together. She came in to this lesson with a poem, maybe lyrics, and we talked about different approaches to songwriting. We experimented with a few different progressions and styles, and touched on a few of my pieces and songs.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

willem

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Interesting conversation.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:38 pm

:ohmy:

tombo1230

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 pm

This is exactly the way I write songs. Strum a few chords, get a groove or a vibe going and usually with a little effort the words and the melody fall into place. It's really as simple as that. A few people on the forum have talked to me about songs in the past and they have started with the words, I find that a bit of an alien concept for me personally. So Sandy I'm with Neil here, get the music and you will find a theme will come and yes record it somewhere, because you will come up with something great and it will literally be forgotten if you don't store it somewhere.

Sandy I would be more than happy to put something together with you if you are interested in writing something with me off forum. Then we could perform it. Let me know what you think. :) I really enjoyed this F.O.T.W. lot's of great stuff here. I thought the Pirate song was pretty much there with Neils first effort. B) :) Just brilliant!!! :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Tom

Sorry I didn't respond back in a more timely manner. My mean old rooster injured me this morning, and I had to go to the emergency room. I'm fine, but he might not be. I'm usually humane to a fault, but he could easily end up as the main course in a pot of chicken stew. Bloody hell mate, doesn't he know who he's messing with, After all I'm a bloody pirate, and I have friends in high places. oops sorry for the tangent. :)

I would love to collaborate on a song with you Tom. That would be great fun. Of course, You haven't actually heard me sing yet :) That could easily be the kicker. It's a real possibility that your Claire may need to rescue us. I have heard her sing, and she is awesome. We'll see how it goes. Lets make plans.

Sandy

sandysue

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi Dermot

You have a good memory. I especially liked the shinny hair reference.

Sandy

tombo1230

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi Tom

Sorry I didn't respond back in a more timely manner. My mean old rooster injured me this morning, and I had to go to the emergency room. I'm fine, but he might not be. I'm usually humane to a fault, but he could easily end up as the main course in a pot of chicken stew. Bloody hell mate, doesn't he know who he's messing with, After all I'm a bloody pirate, and I have friends in high places. oops sorry for the tangent. :)

I would love to collaborate on a song with you Tom. That would be great fun. Of course, You haven't actually heard me sing yet :) That could easily be the kicker. It's a real possibility that your Claire may need to rescue us. I have heard her sing, and she is awesome. We'll see how it goes. Lets make plans.

Sandy
Hi Sandy,
sorry to hear you were injured. Silly bird messing with a pirate. I was asleep anyway, so it's been no time at all. Going to work in a couple of hours I smell chicken Fricasee! :ohmy: :unsure: :) mmmmmmm....... C h i c k e n F r i c a s s e e....... said in best Homer Simpson voice. :)

Great you are onboard for a song brilliant!! We can make plans. :) I am sure Claire would help us out, although I haven't asked her yet. :)

The first thing we need is 8 bars of a progression, that will give us a start.

Tom N.

michelew

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:52 pm

This is very cool! Sooooo many possibilities Sandy. If you find a progression you like, record it, post it and then the collaboration can get a real head of steam. Oh I sound like such a whip-cracker. :)
Thanks for the song writing journies Neil I found it really interesting.

Dermot - very funny. :)

Sandy - sorry to hear about your rooster. Maybe he was trying to help your pirate cred. Tell him a pirate doesn't stand for that sort of behaviour and if he doesn't change his mean ways he will become cock-a-doodle-stew. :)

BTW - Once you've got a starting place (a progression, a rough recording of you singing the melody, whatever), I'm happy to add stuff to this project. Just tell us what you're looking for. I tried to send you a PM, but the system isn't working for me. I was going to suggest setting up a dropbox for this project and then anyone interested could get access to any draft tracks, musical ideas in progress. I'm a bit reluctant to just post my personal email address on the forum. Why don't you try PM-ing me.

sandysue

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:22 am

Hi Tom.

Okay. You're making me laugh again. I love chicken fricassee. I'm going to put those two words in a song and sing it to mic Dundee (the rooster) :) maybe he'll get the hint. Or perhaps he just needs to take a long walk off a short pier pirate style.

Do you have my email from camp. Neil gave us a copy of everyone's e mail from camp last year. I can also give you my phone number in my email. I don't know if it's cost prohibitive to text from different countries but we'll figure it out. That way we can be on the same page so to speak. This is gonna be a fun project.

sandysue

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:44 am

Hi Michelle.

I'm excited about our new project. I've been listening to 8 bar blues progressions on the web tonight. There are some cool things out there. I could get your email from Neil if you like or we could figure something else out. I'm sure we could use the forum for things too as long as no one else minds. It would be great to have everyone get involved in song writing and we could do show and tell ( better known as bring and brag). We could learn from each other's projects.

My rooster mic Dundee ( no joke) may actually be from down under. Just so you know, I'm sending him back where he came from. You did say you like cock a doodle stew right?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic