>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Bloody Hell Mate! with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 am

michelew wrote:
willem wrote:
Hi Sandy,,Its all good so I guess,,and what a fun and we need that,,I'm sure in for the songwriting lessons and maybe it connects also very good after the fretboard geography.

I did start with the lyrics first and thought to find the music but thats difficult I guess,I do think it can both ways but,,when I listen to singer/songwriters the first thing I do is listen to there accompaniment (acoustic guitar) and find it sometimes very special,so creative.

When I started my song it was more an idea to be funny and not to be a pirate but a bloody good minstrel,or clown,or jester(well,I found just a new word).

I am a pirate, a pirates jester

Not one with a flute,thats Jetro Tull

One with Mateys, thats true

There's Sandy with her angry rooster

She likes to dance, maybe like Jagger

Mmmmm Whoa oh oh, common dance!

Common lets dance, you're bloody good mateys

yo ho yo ho, whap bam a lo bah!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Jester

:) I didn't know sandy dances like Jagger, :)

Me eather,thats why I said ''maybe'' It was more the rooster thing that told me ''maybe like Jagger'' and Maybe should have called her Sandysue!!

Jester

sandysue

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:26 am

Hi willem

You are too funny. You're right, that rooster chases me everyday. Then he crows after he gets me running. He's clearly enjoying himself. That crazy critter definitely has me dancing like jagger. No offense Mic.

I've been watching Neil's lessons on guitar geometry too. It's great stuff. It's gonna take me a while to learn all of it.

Are you working on chord progressions still? I've been using a bunch of different chord progressions from different songs. Then I mix then up and see if I can come up with some melodies.

willem

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi willem

You are too funny. You're right, that rooster chases me everyday. Then he crows after he gets me running. He's clearly enjoying himself. That crazy critter definitely has me dancing like jagger. No offense Mic.

I've been watching Neil's lessons on guitar geometry too. It's great stuff. It's gonna take me a while to learn all of it.

Are you working on chord progressions still? I've been using a bunch of different chord progressions from different songs. Then I mix then up and see if I can come up with some melodies.
lol, today I tryed something in Dm, first a bit between the chords Dm-Am, then explored a bit more with the other chords in that key and tryed some hammerons,, uesed the folkstrum(but quick) and a bit muting percusion in that strum, also spontanous singin.I must try with my speaking voice to tell the story in a sort of way for finding more melody.

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic