>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Bloody Hell Mate! with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:24 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi again.

Okay Ive started writing a happy dying song to Neil's first chord progression. This Is dying pirate style. Don't laugh

They say I'm dyin

It's time to go

Packing my bags

I'm ready you know

Said bye to my friends

Gonna miss ya though

I've had a great time.

Feel free to add verses :)

Sandy
Tom hasn't shown up yet, I hope he hasn't fallen overboard and been lost in the ship's wake.

My head hasn't come up with a first verse to kick off the We're Pirates song yet. Maybe the bomb I set off has temporarily deafened me to the best lyrics to capture the back story. However, I've decided that Sandy's ingenious, hilarious and subtle handling of the situation has landed her the captain's hat. She diffused my grenade, while enticing us onto her pirate song-writing ship. Brilliant strategy.

I also haven't got a verse for the Dying Pirate song yet. I've still got a ear worm of We're Piates, well the chorus anyway. It's drowning out any whispers of the poor sick pirate, for now.

But I'll sleep on it and maybe a verse will come to me tomorrow.

michelew

Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:00 am

OK, I haven't gone back and listened to the groove, tempo and general feel of The first progression. So the meter here could be completely wrong. Just comparing it to your first verse Sandy makes me realise some lines are too long, but it's a starting point right.

This could be a 10 minutes saga by the time we add a chorus. :)

Possible verse two.

My bags of treasure
So bright and so bold
Oh my darlings
The memories they hold
Each one a victory
So shiny, so sweet
I'll recount a few,
come sit at my feet

So this old pirate could be recounting to her grand kid or kids in her family, kids eager to drink in pirate tales. :)

M

sandysue

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Michelle

That is a brilliant verse. I'm totally impressed. Tom hasn't abandoned us at all he is just working independently on his own project. He'll video it for us when it's all done. Meanwhile we are going to be creating our own song. Willem and Daryl and Jean are on board to help contribute. Perhaps we can intice others.

willem

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 am

I did try a second verse to my first,,also tryed it with a two chords progression but got a downer after a billion times,bloody guitar!!

I am a pirate, a pirates minstrel

Not a lady killer,thats Robin Hood

Not with a parrot or with scare

Sometimes tapping my foot

Sometimes sweeping the floor

Mmmmmmmm etc (with melody) common lets roll

Common lets Rock!! and roll you bloody good mates

Yo ho yo ho Jumping Jack Flash
--------------------------------------------------------------

Pirate

sandysue

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Willem

Awesome second verse. I put up Neil's chord progressions on the site and I figured out another one. Try them and see if their helpful. I haven't tried the Chris isaak chords yet. We're doing great. Well put it all together at some point

Sandy

TGNesh

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:16 pm

You're all great!!! :cheer:

Very curious how this will turn out! :) :) :)

michelew

Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 pm

My inky captain's hat
A favourite of mine
Smell and taste the salty grime
Been knocked in the drink
Been skewed to my ear
Blackbeard shot a musket ball
right through here
Love this blood stained hat.

Back later, when I've finished doing the sleeping thing.

I'll try to record the progression after work, unless someone beats me to it. Go for it if you've got the urge.

Aaaaahhhrrrr!

willem

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:37 pm

For our inspiration.. :laugh: B)

Maybe this is'nt allowed but i was searching for some simple percussion on guitar for the pirate song..I like this..

tombo1230

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi Michelle

That is a brilliant verse. I'm totally impressed. Tom hasn't abandoned us at all he is just working independently on his own project. He'll video it for us when it's all done. Meanwhile we are going to be creating our own song. Willem and Daryl and Jean are on board to help contribute. Perhaps we can intice others.

Hi Michelle,
no haven't fallen overboard, just been working on a song that I started to write, because you guys and gals were talking songwriting. It is two verses and a chorus along the way. It's working out really well in my own opinion. I just need to put the effort in. No idea when it will be ready. I let Claire hear it tonight and she really likes it. She said it's pretty sad and emotional. So you may need hankies me hartys, :( when I finally play it. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:10 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi Michelle

Great idea about recording chord progression and then listening for a melody to emerge and also just sing lyrics along with recorded chord progression. I'll try that.

Sandy
BTW Sandy - once you've got your progression that you want to sing to, find a way to loop it and just let it go around and around while you listen and either sing or talk to lyrics. I find it's good to loop a verse or a couple of sections only until I've got it sort of working. You might have to adjust the way you're saying the words a little, but once you've got the intonation you want you can then focus on the melody.

If you listen to the loop with earphones, you can record yourself singing the melody separately in a bunch of different ways and then you can use the stuff you like.

It's a really fun part of the he process.

Enjoy. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic