>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The heartbreaking ‘Goodbye My Lover’ is a song written by singer-songwriter James Blunt and Sacha Skarbek, for Blunt’s debut album ‘Back To Bedlam’, which also features his biggest hit ‘You’re Beautiful’.

The original is recorded on a piano in the absolute key of E. The lesson is presented in the key of C, using chords I, III, IV, V and VI, capoed on the IV fret, to make it doable for all guitar players.

The arrangement is based on the original, as well as James’ playing on stage and a tiny bit on how he plays it on the guitar, which he rarely does.

Since James plays this very randomly and different from the album version, the student is encouraged to do the same and make the song their own.

Their is also a segment how to play this song in the key of D, using Dropped D-tuning.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:10 am

Tear jerker, breathe taking.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 am

Vanessa

Looks to be a great lesson.
You sure know how to pick a good song.

Great singing and playing from you too.
No surprise there. eh?
;)

I like your guitar, what is it ?

Dermot

tombo1230

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:24 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

No surprise there. eh?
;)

Dermot
It looks like a Taylor NS32CE Nylon String Acoustic Dermot. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:44 am

You're absolutely right Willem, a heartbreaking tearjerker! Gives me goosebumps when he performs it live with that crowd singing along, must be very fulfilling for a musician.

willem wrote:
Tear jerker, breathe taking.

TGNesh

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 am

Many thanks Dermot!! And yeah, have always loved this song....

The guitar is a Taylor NS34ce, nylon string, a crossover actually. The neck is kinda in between a steel string and a classical guitar, absolutely love it! Managed to ring Robb Mazoli's arm last IGC to sell it to me! :laugh: :cheer:

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

No surprise there. eh?
;)

Dermot

michelew

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:17 am

WOW! A heartbreaker it is.... So beautiful and SO sad...

Nessa, your sensitive playing ...well you should know by now how I feel about it. ... It's amazing and your ability to express such deep feelings with the guitar, your voice, your whole being, ... Well it just blows me away.

This is another beautiful song choice. And 8 parts eh? :) no such thing as a quickly when it comes to you teaching a song. :) I LOVE that. :)

You know I'm a sucker for the fingerpicking sad songs. So suffice to say... It's a long list and it just gets longer. :)

Thanks sweet woman. It's another gift.

Shel

TGNesh

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:14 am

Hey my dearest biggest fan!! :cheer: :cheer:

Yes, I have a feeling that I know how you feel about my playing! ;) :P :laugh: Yes I put some work in it, 8 parts indeed. I never manage to keep it straightforward or simple. I always feel the need to add this or that, blah blah, haha! :laugh: Eventually I really want to deliver a lesson that I can be proud of and that would be worth paying for.

Thanks so much Shel, for always dropping by and for your support and ever motivating comments! :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
WOW! A heartbreaker it is.... So beautiful and SO sad...

Nessa, your sensitive playing ...well you should know by now how I feel about it. ... It's amazing and your ability to express such deep feelings with the guitar, your voice, your whole being, ... Well it just blows me away.

This is another beautiful song choice. And 8 parts eh? :) no such thing as a quickly when it comes to you teaching a song. :) I LOVE that. :)

You know I'm a sucker for the fingerpicking sad songs. So suffice to say... It's a long list and it just gets longer. :)

Thanks sweet woman. It's another gift.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic