>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Carolina In My Mind - James Taylor

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1968 James Taylor was one of the first young artists signed to the Beatles new label, Apple. He recorded an album that is largely forgotten today, compared to his subsequent success with Warner Brothers. Carolina In My Mind is one of his earliest songs that was resurrected for his 1976 Greatest Hits album, and a classic example of what we love about his songs.

His fingerstyle is free form, making it difficult, and pointless to duplicate, but all guitar players can benefit from the principals if they can adapt the techniques.

This lesson tries to do that in a somewhat structured manner. We look at standard chord shapes as well as James’ unorthodox fingerings, and work on strumming through the progressions before tackling some specific details that define James’ sound.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Sweet!! (baby james)

tombo1230

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Fantastic! Going to see him live at the end of September. :)

Tom N.

sbutler

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Wow Neil, you never cease to amaze. Just seemingly out of the blue, here you go again. Thanks Man. This is a goodun!

scott

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 am

Hi Neil,

Been chugging away on your lesson for James Taylor's "Close Your Eyes" for several months now. Very glad I did, it opens up lots of new possibilities :)

So I took an eager peak at some of these here new "Carolina in my Mind" sections ... wow, you wrung so much information out of this tune, addressing it from many angles.

Looks to be as good as a possum covered in gopher gravy !

Well, ok ... anything is great if it's with gopher gravy ... :side:

But you get my drift ...

Thanks !
Pierre

willem

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 am

Always great to talk about James Taylor.

thanks

Willem

drfuji

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Wow...I finally get the lesson I have been waiting for, and I haven't time to sit down and look at it!! Maybe this weekend. I am going to see JT in Wichita tonight... so I am sure that will get me motivated.....Thanks!!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic