>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Shotgun Down The Avalanche with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Sandy had just started working on Shawn Colvin’s Shotgun Down The Avalanche (thanks to Vanessa’s great lesson on it) and was having a little trouble with the hammer on vamp on the Am chord.

We pretty much ironed it out with a detailed breakdown of the timing and alternating bass note patterns.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

TGNesh

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Gosh, that was interesting in many ways!! :laugh: :P

Great work Sandy! Very nice to see you work on this, you're absolutely getting there, you can't go wrong with Neil's help too, right?! :)

Ness

Edit: Btw if you intend to check back, I think in the verses segment (as well as at the end of the Play Through, along with the 'make notes notes sustain, don't cut them off' :P ), I talk about letting go of a note on a string, or letting go of the chord in order to go the next.

sandysue

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Ness

I love this lesson you gave us for this song. You have excellent, very detailed instructions on exactly how to go about learning this piece of music. Neil is helping me get up to speed on my guitar playing and timing for this song. It's taking me a lot of practice to get everything to come together right.

Sandy

willem

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:56 am

Cool Sandysue,88 day to go..keep them ringin

Willem

ps Black?

sandysue

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:54 am

Hi willem

That's funny willem. Your very observant. It said chocolate Cherries on the box. What can I say. So much for truth in advertising. :) :) :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic