>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - 93 Million Miles - Jason Mraz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

93 Million Miles is a song by American singer-songwriter and Grammy Award winner Jason Mraz. It appears on his Love Is A Four Letter Word album and was released as the second official single in 2012.

The lesson covers both the version of the intro as played on the original recording as well as a version of how Jason plays it on stage, which is as free form as can be.

The song is in the key of D, in Dropped D-tuning, using all the chords except for chord VII. On the original the guitar is capoed on the first fret, but on stage it’s usually capoed on the second. Because of Dropped D-tuning, a couple of chords with the root on the bottom string need to be modified. Also a few unusual chord shapes in the bridge may take a little work.

It features random strumming in common time, which often changes to half time feel back and forth. It also includes focused strumming and several melody notes need to be picked out. For that the student should have some basic strumming skills.

Keep in mind that Jason plays this song different in every performance and the student in encouraged to do the same.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 pm

I knew you would find your way back to teaching more Jason Mraz songs eventually :)

Looks like a fun song to learn. Sorry I've been gone for a while, life is busy right now.

Great lesson!
Bart

Okay, so I just watched your play through / break it down section and as always, you played and sang beautifully! I am ready to buy a ticket to a "Vanessa" concert. When does your world tour start???

tombo1230

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Great tune Vanessa and great choice for a lesson :) This is one of my favourites from Jason Mraz, such a talent!

It's going on the ever growing list. :)

Tom N.

dtaylor

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Beautiful song, lovely choice. I've come to really look forward to your lessons Ness.

michelew

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Hey TGNessa

It's GREAT to see you back teaching more Mraz numbers. Jason sure does have a wonderful collection to pick from. This is a beautiful choice.

It looks like we'll be busy for a while trying to get all the things you're teaching us here down; well maybe that's just me.

I'm definitely becoming more comfortable with dropped D and free form type stuff due to the Mraz stuff you've been teaching. Your ear and eye for detail seems to be the essential ingredient in helping us to emulate his very cool style.

I REALLY enjoyed your playthrough (Part 7: Break it down) Ness. I LOVE everything you're doing in there; the changes in stresses, the focused strumming, the quiet sections and generally the way you change it up. It all sound very COOL! I particularly LOVE the bridge. Wonderful stuff! My hero. :) :P :)

Thanks for another lesson on another fabulous song. You sure are keeping us out of trouble. :)

Shel

willem

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:17 am

I can totally connect with your other supportes (fan's)

:) B) :cheer:

TGNesh

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:22 am

Hey my dear TG-friends, how I loved to read your comments!! :cheer:

I had planned this lesson for ages, but just didn't get to it. Just not sure how to approach it :dry: , blah blah.

Familyman: You were absolutely right about that, i só much wanted to get back to JM and since his new album is soon to be released, thought it'd be a great opportunity to do so! ;) (One of my assignments is 'as recent as possible', well it can't be more recent, right?! :P ) 93 Million Miles is actually my favorite (along with I'm Coming Over, which I've recorded with Shel) of his LOVE-album. As for now, obviously working on some of his new tunes, doable and also very cool playing! My worldtour has one stop, The Santa Cruz Mountains, haha! :laugh: :laugh: Thanks so much for your kind comment Bart, hope life gets less busy for you, so that you can get back to guitarplaying a bit prior to camp, less than three months now! :cheer:

Tom N.: Thanks a lot Tom, I'm absolutely with you, one of my favorites from his LOVE-album, very glad you like the song choice. And yes, a great talent he is! I got a frontrow-ticket to his concert in October in Amsterdam, oh my, how excited I am for that one!!!!!! :woohoo: The ever growing list, haha :laugh: ! Well what can you do there! :P Thanks again Tom!

Dean: Well I'm taking that one as a májor compliment!!!!! Thanks so much Dean! :) :)

Michele: Shel, how I always love to read your comments!!! :cheer: (I'm finding myself loss for words sometimes) And since we're JM fans, well prétty pleased here!! :) :) And yes, there is a lót in there that you can do with this song, which Jason is obviously doing, hence the changing it up all the time. And I just LOVE all the little things that he does, so hard to nót point it all out (which is impossible in the first place), well I failed a little in that department, haha! :laugh: More comfortable with Dropped D? COOL! Well you better, got a song or two coming up in Dropped D, so you better! :P Thanks so much my sweet friend!! :kiss:

Willem: Haha :laugh: ! I hear you Willem, loud and clear, thank you very much!!! :)

Thanks all!

TGNessa B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic