>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Back To The Earth - Jason Mraz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Back To The Earth’ is a very fun and cheery song to play and is taken from singer-songwriter Jason Mraz’ new album ‘YES’, which will be released in July 2014.

It features a very easy progression in the key of G and a simple strumming pattern in swing time. The lesson covers both the ukelele part, performed by multi instrumentalist Chaska Potter, and Jason’s part. The latter is harder to play since he uses barre chords from the E and A families only. We take a look at a few details of his playing as well, which involves strumming, plucking and muting the strings.

The lesson also shows how to play the song in the key of C, where the guitar is capoed on the 7th fret, for the ones who don’t have a ukelele and are not ready for barre chords just yet.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:23 pm

I knew that you'd get to it pretty quickly. Great Job VB.

TGNesh

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Haha, you guessed right, you know me too well :laugh: !! New album, fantastic reason to get back to him, certainly not done yet! ;) Thanks buddy!

sbutler wrote:
I knew that you'd get to it pretty quickly. Great Job VB.

michelew

Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:06 pm

What a FANTASTIC way to start my morning. :) du du du du du du du Du Du!

I LOVE seeing and hearing you on that sweet little uke. :) Fun, fun, fun!!!

I LOVE this song and I sure will be getting it down. So cheery, so much fun and such great messages too.

Geeesh Nessa, if you want to top this trick (teaching it before he's even released the album), you might just need to join Jason and Raining Jane and start writing songs with them. :) now THAT I'd LOVE to see. :) :)

I think the mystery word is dizzy.

Du du du du du du du Du Du!

Shel

thereshopeyet

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Vanessa

Cool lesson.

:)

michelew

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 pm

TGNessa,

I just watched all of the lesson during my lunch break, except the C segment. It's very easy to follow and has just the right level of detail :) as always. :) :)

Your enthusiasm is contagious. Now I definitely want to go home and pick up my ukulele. Du du du du du du du Du DU. :)

Thanks!

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:49 am

Now thát started my morning smiling as well!! :cheer: :cheer:

The uke is absolutely fun to play here and there, you gotta get yours out too!! :)

What I love about JM and Raining Jane is that they are true musicians, in every way. They just love what they do and that's how they put together this new album, which wasn't particularly about 'recording a new album'. They enjoy spending time with each other and play music, write songs and at one point, 'hey a new album has born'! :)

'Dizzy', haha, got it! :laugh:

Thanks so much sweet friend, always LOVE to read your never ending enthusiastic comments! :)

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
What a FANTASTIC way to start my morning. :) du du du du du du du Du Du!

I LOVE seeing and hearing you on that sweet little uke. :) Fun, fun, fun!!!

I LOVE this song and I sure will be getting it down. So cheery, so much fun and such great messages too.

Geeesh Nessa, if you want to top this trick (teaching it before he's even released the album), you might just need to join Jason and Raining Jane and start writing songs with them. :) now THAT I'd LOVE to see. :) :)

I think the mystery word is dizzy.

Du du du du du du du Du Du!

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53 am

Thanks Dermot for checking out the lesson ánd the missing word, both you and Michele hear the same, must be it! :P :laugh:

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Cool lesson.

:)

dtaylor

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Nice work Vanessa as ever.
A quick question: have you written anything of your own and if so, will it make an appearance in the lesson list??

TGNesh

Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 am

Hi Dean,

Well I have yes.......but íf they'd ever appear at all, it would be 'busking' or something. :laugh: I did once upload (for review) 'noodling in dropped D', which I've actually tried to work out recently, as in adding instruments, except....the recording didn't work out (no proper equipment), I hate tech, so I let it be. :S

how bout you? Ever written anything? If so, any chance of sharing it? :)

dtaylor wrote:
Nice work Vanessa as ever.
A quick question: have you written anything of your own and if so, will it make an appearance in the lesson list??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic