>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I Got A Name - Jim Croce

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I Got A Name is one of my favorite Jim Croce songs, although there are quite a few. The song is unusual in one respect, Jim didn’t write it. It was written by Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox and was used as the theme song for 1973 movie The Last American Hero.

Typical of Jim’s arrangements, Maury Muehleisen added a great second guitar part, along with a short lead. This lesson covers all the parts, Jim’s strumming in the key of E, Maury’s fingerpicking part using a capo at the second fret, and Maury’s lead as well.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Thank you Neil for another great Jim Croce lesson! You know I am a fan :)

I have been playing this song in the key of "C" for many years. I never played along with the album tho. Now I will learn how to play it in the correct key and with Maury's parts too. What a bonus :) :) :)

Thanks again!
Bart

P.S. I guess I was too quick on this posted lesson? There is no link on the lesson like usual and when I click on the "Lessons" tab on the left, it isn't posted in that content yet either. Tomorrow will be a good day to catch up to this song.

TGNeil

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Ouch, it goes to show what can happen when you start vanquishing gremlins, they call in the reserves. Hopefully we can rally the troops tomorrow.

Neil

Music Junkie

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Thank you Neil for another great Jim Croce lesson! You know I am a fan :)

I have been playing this song in the key of "C" for many years. I never played along with the album tho. Now I will learn how to play it in the correct key and with Maury's parts too. What a bonus :) :) :)

Thanks again!
Bart

P.S. I guess I was too quick on this posted lesson? There is no link on the lesson like usual and when I click on the "Lessons" tab on the left, it isn't posted in that content yet either. Tomorrow will be a good day to catch up to this song.
Oh man........ that is a cruel trick......introduce a great song like this, and then not load the link or have it listed in the lessons..... I think the gremlin moved over here.... :laugh:

Regardless, when this gets in place, I am sure it is going to be one heck of a cool lesson. I love this song! Along with "Age", it is right at the top of my JC list.

Thanks, Neil.

willem

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 am

Ah, glad the robbers brought it back, yeah pickin, nice sound,

Willem

Go go Bart,, video please?

jayswett

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 am

My weekend project. Can't wait.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic