>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Adelita - Francisco Tarrega - Classical Guitar Lesson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Adelita is a piece I have always loved and meant to do a lesson on for a very long time. The approach to classical lessons is a bit different and in this lesson we first look at getting the notes and timing under control.

That however, is really just the tip of the iceberg. This lesson goes into fingering options, embellishments, and a lot of tips on making music out of the notes.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Neil, I can see why you like this one so much. Its a really pretty song. Don't know if I'll tackle it yet, but what a wonderful sound.

Thanks,
Scott

thereshopeyet

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 am

Neil

Great lesson.
You've sure put a lot of detail into it.
Thanks

Dermot

:)

thereshopeyet

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Neil

I was wondering about the tune title - Adelita

Goggling for information about Adelita I came across only one item.

This article starts...... There is a legend...... so not too sure about it's accuracy.

There is a legend that the piece, "Adelita" owes its name to Adela Aymerich, the allegedly illegitimate daughter of the King of Spain Alfonso XII.

Musically, the piece draws on the Romantic style conceived by Frederic Chopin. Chopin left his native country, Poland, at the age of 20 and never returned. He sought inspiration and identity in the memory of his childhood resulting in new instrumental genres such as the mazurka. The mazurka is based on the traditional folk-dance “mazurek” of his native country.

With Adelita, Tárrega uses the idea of mazurka style, thus the characteristic feature of the “mazurek” is hardly present.

Source Link

Francisco Tarrega - Short Biography

Dermot

Composition by Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909).
Played on flamenco guitars.
In this studio recording:
- Pedro Abreu, guitar
- Goran Zegarac, guitar
Improvisation by Goran Zegarac.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic