>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Whodunit? - Neil Hogan Part 4 - Section B

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new addition to the lesson release Whodunit?

Aside from the AABA format of Section A, there are two variations on a different theme that make up Sections B and C. They both have a repeating bass pattern just alternating from the root down to the fifth of an A Minor chord, the open A and E strings.

Section B has four phrases harmonized in thirds on the second and third strings. One very important technique to master is damping the E string while playing the A string. The harmonized thirds also use hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides.

Enjoy this level 8 lesson addition!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Great Neil

Part 4 is Tough, I can play it very slowly but it will take a long time to fret the notes on the 7th fret strings 2 and 3 clearly. The index finger barre area above the 2nd and 3rd strings seems to take a lot of pressure, that's with the guitar action set at it's lowest any lower would create buzzing. You must have incredibly strong finger or a guitar with a magic setup , because when watching you, your fingers appear light on the strings.
Experimenting with the barre position doesn't reveal the need for less pressure.

That said, every time I pick up the guitar fresh, there's an improvement.
I'll keep at it.

Joking aside, I know it's not magic on your part Neil , it all comes down to years of practice, dedication and experience.
:P

Thanks for Part 5

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic