>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Love Will Keep Us Alive - The Eagles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1994, after a 14 year vacation, The Eagles got back together again. They performed a reunion concert which appeared on the DVD ‘Hell Freezes Over’ and released a new album with the same name. It included eleven live tracks from the concert and four new studio tracks, including Love Will Keep Us Alive, sung by their bass player, Timothy B. Schmit.

The lesson takes a look at the rhythm guitar part and the picking guitar part. The song uses the I, II, IV, V and VI in the key of A and features an easy progression, picking pattern and strumming pattern. If the student is able to play barre chords, the song should be very easy to tackle.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Vanessa
Brilliant lesson.

:)

tombo1230

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Great lesson Ness for several reasons......1st, it's an Eagles tune. :) I love just about everything they have ever written. B) 2nd, I saw them live recently and they played this beautiful song, it was a knockout!! ;) :) 3rd, this is a really great way to get into a two guitar playing situation, as it is fairly easy and won't take long to get up to speed. Thanks for a great lesson as usual. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Love this song and love the Eagles. I will add this one to the list of Eagles songs that I play. Actually, I'll get this one fine tuned and we can play it together at IGC 2014 :) Sounds like a fun time to me....

Bart

TGNesh

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:32 am

Thank you very much Dermot!

DoubleDutchTGNess! :laugh: :laugh:

(yes, that was the very first pip-project I've ever done. Owning an iMac now, so messed around with iMovie, i guess it worked out. I had actually asked another member to do the lead-parts, but lack of time got in the way, too bad.)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa
Brilliant lesson.

:)

TGNesh

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks so much Tom!

I so agree, can't go wrong with an Eagles tune right?! ;) I absolutely love their work ever since I was a child. And you're right, it's perfect when playing with more than one guitar and yet it's still fairly easy.

As for Timothy B. Schmit, I think he has gorgeous vocals, I've always loved his 'Can't Tell You Why' as well, absolutely beautiful.

I've seen them twice now, not recently I have to say. Corina did, a couple of times I think.

So what are your favorite Eagles-tunes?

Thanks again Tom!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Great lesson Ness for several reasons......1st, it's an Eagles tune. :) I love just about everything they have ever written. B) 2nd, I saw them live recently and they played this beautiful song, it was a knockout!! ;) :) 3rd, this is a really great way to get into a two guitar playing situation, as it is fairly easy and won't take long to get up to speed. Thanks for a great lesson as usual. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:51 am

I'm absolutely with you Bart, love the Eagles!!

And yep, we'll of cóurse play it at IGC! :cheer: Every once in a while I pick up my Eagles-book (it contains their five albums prior to their 'vacation' and the Hell Freezes Over-songs) and I just go through the book, just for the fun of it. This lesson inspired me to do it again, so yesterday, played a whóle bunch of tunes! :woohoo:

I think I've played:

Best Of My Love
Certain Kind Of Fool
Already Gone
Heartache Tonight
The Last Resort
The Long Run
My Man
New Kid In Town
One Of These Nights
Take It To The Limit
Take The Devil
Nightingale
Try And Love Again
Wasted Time
You Never Cry Like A Lover
The Sad Café
Saturday Night
On The Border
Chug All Night
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Probably forgetting one or two, haha, gosh I played a lót. Well I'm on a four week-break, so finally time to just have fun and play whatever I like, which I sure did! Not everything works well on a guitar, like Wasted Time, The Last Resort, or The Sad Cafe, was actually just trying it out.

how bout you? What are your favorite Eagles-tunes?

btw This was a video of me and Suzi when I visited her in December 2011, we had such a great time! :)

familyman4 wrote:
Love this song and love the Eagles. I will add this one to the list of Eagles songs that I play. Actually, I'll get this one fine tuned and we can play it together at IGC 2014 :) Sounds like a fun time to me....

Bart

michelew

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:35 pm

TGNessa,

What a beautiful song.

And what a great idea for a lesson, teaching both parts especially.

Thanks so much Ness. Another one I need to learn.

Ta

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic