>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - No Expectations with Ed

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Ed showed up for this lesson with a guitar he had set up for slide, an old Lyle to be specific, and had been playing along with The Rolling Stones’ No Expectations.

It is a simple 3-chord song with a little twist to a standard I-IV-V progression. We compared a couple of different open tunings, G and E, and then went deeper into scale patterns for different modes. This was a very comprehensive lesson so I am putting up the whole thing, split into four parts to aid digestion.

Enjoy

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... th-ed.html

beaker

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Thanks Neil & Ed,
Great lesson, very valuable topic. Much of it was review for me, but it still helps me get things straight in my head. I love Mixolydian tunes!

Ed.... Have you seen the Rolling Stones Documentary called Crossfire Hurricane? If no, I highly recommend it. There is an unreleased version of No Expectations in it and Mick Jagger talks about how that slide part was Brian Jones last significant contribution to the Stones because Brian was a bit out of it at the recording sessions. Your slide playing sounds great Ed. Keep on pickin' man!
Beaker.

willem

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi,,a wonderful and interresting FLOTW,,I watched in one flow...

Ed there was no tape in the recorder :laugh: B) man this was cool..

Beaker thx for the docu tip..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic