>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Sugaree - Jerry Garcia

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1972 a few members of The Grateful Dead released solo albums.

Jerry Garcia’s, simply titled Garcia, included quite a few songs that became standard Dead live material, including Sugaree.

This lesson is done ‘Work It Out’ style as an ear training exercise, but also includes some tips on playing a second guitar part using triads on the top three strings.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

:ohmy:

Neil

I love the JJ Cale Hold On lesson

This looks like fun too.

Thanks

Dermot

:)

jimi40

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks Neil.
Always love a Grateful Dead lesson.

I do believe that B maj pentatonic contains a note that is not in the E maj pentatonic. That would be the 3rd of B which is D#. Correct me if I am wrong.
Great lesson, I never really connected 3 string triads with the major and minor scales until I watched your lesson on lead playing. I reccomend it to anyone looking to better understand scales.

TGNeil

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:03 pm

jimi40 wrote:
Thanks Neil.
Always love a Grateful Dead lesson.

I do believe that B maj pentatonic contains a note that is not in the E maj pentatonic. That would be the 3rd of B which is D#. Correct me if I am wrong.
Great lesson, I never really connected 3 string triads with the major and minor scales until I watched your lesson on lead playing. I reccomend it to anyone looking to better understand scales.
Absolutely right! The D# can be used over the B chord and falls right into Pattern VI at the 4th fret but the E pentatonic is good over both chords. This 2-chord progression lends itself better to triad thinking than pentatonic anyway, although I think the triad approach is far better for most progressions, particularly ones that cross key lines frequently.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic