>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson put together some great songs and sounds in the 1980s. Eye In The Sky has always been one of my favorites but I never really thought about translating it to the guitar until recently.

The song is really driven by bass and keyboards. Once I started on the path of thumbing out the bass part and sprinkling in the keyboard chords and voicings I realized a lot of students would like to tackle it as well.

This lesson really just combines a few parts into an accompaniment that I might play if I was backing up a singer. It also introduces an advanced fingering technique to smooth transitions out at a very high level.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dtaylor

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 pm

The sneak preview is wonderful, it rivals the Wish You Were Here arrangement.

Fantastic lesson, I've heard this a thousand times, and never known what it was. It instantly brings to mind 'tense sporting montages', that must be where I've heard it so often :)
It also sounds very contemporary, there are many current tunes I could name which emulate this sort of sound.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:57 pm

That sounds great!

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Neil

Amazing !

Image NotWorthy.gif :dry:

:ohmy:

totsyboy

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 pm

I never really thought much of this song until I heard Jonatha Brooke's version. Unfortunately, there are no good live versions of her performing it, but this gives the idea--

Lavallee

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 am

A great song, with the Neil touch, a new project

Thanks

Marc

BigBear

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Great song Neil and I'd love to see more from this amazing group. " Old and Wise", "The Turn of a Friendly Card" and several others would be wonderful to learn. You either loved Alan Parson and Eric Woolfson or you didn't but I thought they put out some real magic. I don't care for "techno-pop" but they made "techno-rock" work! Because Parsons hated touring we didn't get to see this group very much. But when the hits ran out and there was money to be made in touring they finally hit the road. Unfortunately much of their touring was done after Woolfson's death. And you are correct, Parson is a poor substitute for Woolfson's voice although he does give it a go. Sometimes less successfully than others.

Thanks for the lesson! Throw another log on the pile!! :cheer:

jim56

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 pm

dtaylor wrote:
The sneak preview is wonderful, it rivals the Wish You Were Here arrangement.

Fantastic lesson, I've heard this a thousand times, and never known what it was. It instantly brings to mind 'tense sporting montages', that must be where I've heard it so often :)
It also sounds very contemporary, there are many current tunes I could name which emulate this sort of sound.
I was thinking the same thing, then I remembered our beloved Nebraska Cornhusker tunnel walk.

This would be the "Sirius" intro to "Eye in the Sky".

Awesome music!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:02 pm

I'd love more APP, that's for sure, Rick! La Sagrada Familia is my fave album with Standing on Higher Ground and Inside looking Out as the stand-out songs for me. I like Don't Answer Me from his Gold Collection too.

BigBear wrote:
Great song Neil and I'd love to see more from this amazing group. " Old and Wise", "The Turn of a Friendly Card" and several others would be wonderful to learn. You either loved Alan Parson and Eric Woolfson or you didn't but I thought they put out some real magic. I don't care for "techno-pop" but they made "techno-rock" work! Because Parsons hated touring we didn't get to see this group very much. But when the hits ran out and there was money to be made in touring they finally hit the road. Unfortunately much of their touring was done after Woolfson's death. And you are correct, Parson is a poor substitute for Woolfson's voice although he does give it a go. Sometimes less successfully than others.

Thanks for the lesson! Throw another log on the pile!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic