>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Galileo - The Indigo Girls

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Galileo is a song written by Emily Saliers and recorded and performed by folk rock group the Indigo Girls. It was released in 1992 on their platinum-selling fourth studio album ‘Rites Of Passage’.

The lesson covers both Emily’s and Amy’s guitar parts. The key of C, capoed on the 5th fret, where the guitar is tuned as DADGBC and the key of E, capoed on the 1st fret, standard tuning. The song contains uptempo strumming, an easy progression, a few embellishments and colorful chords, which act as a perfect accompaniment to their usual tightly woven harmonies.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:35 am

Yeh!!!! Well in my humble opinion the Indigo Girls really deserve to be in the library more than they are already and this is a great song for sure.

I didn't realise that this would sound so good with just one guitar AND because you're who you are you've also given us Amy's part too. You're the best Ness!

As I was listening to your preview I realised that I didn't know all of the words to this. "Nuclear annihilation" I think I normally miss that one. :) I guess I'd better learn all of them if I'm going to play this right?

Your preview sounds SO cool. I'm inspired to learn it for sure.

I've just gotten back from being away. It's been a long day. My universe is reeling a bit, but seeing this lesson has grounded me. It really feels like I've come home now.

Thanks Nessa - I LOVE your work.

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Thx so much Ness, a great song, love the Indigo Girls' guitar parts, and this lesson really hits the spot,more Indigo Girls please.

And all the songbooks lose focus and make a mess of the middle part, nice to see it done so well. And good vocals too !!

thereshopeyet

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Michelle Wrote:
As I was listening to your preview I realised that I didn't know all of the words to this. "Nuclear annihilation"
Vanessa, it sure is an EXPLOSIVE lesson.
Lots of tiny detail in the parts !

I've got to get back on the 1/16th note strumming.
In general, I can manage throwing it in for a few of measures but beyond a few measures lose it !

Can't wait till you Annihilate your next song into bits !

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

trix606

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:05 am

One of my favorites! The Indigo Girls are so underrated and unfortunately get dismissed as a one-hit wonder. Their catalog is great.

Thanks for doing this one.

Now let's see if I can sing it!

TGNesh

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 am

How great to have you back safe and sound Shel! You've experienced quite an adventure guitar wise! :cheer:

Anyway, I thought you'd like the addition of an Indigo Girls song ;) (yes, yes, it was about time that I got into them!), so I'm very happy to hear that you're inspired already.

You missed the 'nuclear annihilation'? Haha, well it's a mouthful! :S :laugh:

Thanks so much Shel, let me know how it's going!

Ness

michelew wrote:
Yeh!!!! Well in my humble opinion the Indigo Girls really deserve to be in the library more than they are already and this is a great song for sure.

I didn't realise that this would sound so good with just one guitar AND because you're who you are you've also given us Amy's part too. You're the best Ness!

As I was listening to your preview I realised that I didn't know all of the words to this. "Nuclear annihilation" I think I normally miss that one. :) I guess I'd better learn all of them if I'm going to play this right?

Your preview sounds SO cool. I'm inspired to learn it for sure.

I've just gotten back from being away. It's been a long day. My universe is reeling a bit, but seeing this lesson has grounded me. It really feels like I've come home now.

Thanks Nessa - I LOVE your work.

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 am

Thanks so much for your kind comment David, really appreciate it!

I agree, more Indigo Girls! Well I'm working on it. Can't promise right away, need a little time to work things out. Funny enough, I've only gotten to know them just recently. I bought their Best Of-album, since I'll be seeing them in November and actually love every song on that. They're an awesome duo! :cheer:

Thanks again David!

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx so much Ness, a great song, love the Indigo Girls' guitar parts, and this lesson really hits the spot,more Indigo Girls please.

And all the songbooks lose focus and make a mess of the middle part, nice to see it done so well. And good vocals too !!

TGNesh

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:34 am

Hi Dermot, thanks for dropping by! An explosive lesson? :laugh:

Strumming at the speed of 16ths, yeah that's quite something sometimes ;) . Actually my newest lesson (today or tomorrow), is a total strumming work out I'd say :S . So if you want some more, check it out! :P

Thanks Dermot! :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Michelle Wrote:
As I was listening to your preview I realised that I didn't know all of the words to this. "Nuclear annihilation"
Vanessa, it sure is an EXPLOSIVE lesson.
Lots of tiny detail in the parts !

I've got to get back on the 1/16th note strumming.
In general, I can manage throwing it in for a few of measures but beyond a few measures lose it !

Can't wait till you Annihilate your next song into bits !

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

TGNesh

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:42 am

One of your favorites, that's just great to hear! :cheer:

You're right, their catalog is fantastic, I'm really enjoying their songs, they sound just awesome!

Singing it, haha, good luck! :P

Thanks a lot ......shoot, I think at one point I did know your name, but now I don't, sorry for that. However, appreciate your comment, thanks!

Ness

trix606 wrote:
One of my favorites! The Indigo Girls are so underrated and unfortunately get dismissed as a one-hit wonder. Their catalog is great.

Thanks for doing this one.

Now let's see if I can sing it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic