>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I'm A Mess - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I’m A Mess is the 2nd track of the major selling album X (Multiply), recorded and performed by the ever popular British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran.

It contains fast uptempo strumming, while going back and forth between focused, palm muted strumming and full on strumming. This could be challenging for beginners. Important is to emphasize beat 1, the and of beat 2 and beat 4 throughout the whole song.

The song is in the relative key of E, and uses power-chord shapes only, where the guitar is tuned down a half step, with the third string down to Eb.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 pm

TGNessa,

Could you GET any cooler?!? Hmmm... :) I just watched your playthrough and you sound FANTASTIC.

Ed sure does know how to write an engaging song. I really like the rhythmic feel to this and the last (?) section where you're moving chords quickly to the emphasised notes is REALLY cool.

I really like the mix of palm muting and open strumming too.

Did you speed up?... I'm not sure, I was too busy being carried away by the up beat drive and the passion. Gosh you're cool! I just LOVED your version.

Another cool song choice. Heaps to learn in here as always. Thanks Ness!

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:58 am

Vanessa

What a neat and tidy little lesson !

You sure can strum !

Dermot

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Ha Shel, thanks so much! I can SO live with COOL!!! B) :cheer: :laugh:

I just love his new album, pretty much every song. Lots of interesting stuff in his guitar playing, which all seem easy, but enough to work on for some.

So I didn't speed up too much? It's so hard sometimes. :S

In any way, thanks Shel, always LOVE to read your comments, they absolutely make my day! :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Could you GET any cooler?!? Hmmm... :) I just watched your playthrough and you sound FANTASTIC.

Ed sure does know how to write an engaging song. I really like the rhythmic feel to this and the last (?) section where you're moving chords quickly to the emphasised notes is REALLY cool.

I really like the mix of palm muting and open strumming too.

Did you speed up?... I'm not sure, I was too busy being carried away by the up beat drive and the passion. Gosh you're cool! I just LOVED your version.

Another cool song choice. Heaps to learn in here as always. Thanks Ness!

TGNesh

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Well thank you Dermot, that's good to hear! :)

I suppose I'm comfortable enough when strumming. :P But yeah, strumming this song can be a workout, haha! :laugh:

Thanks again!

Ness

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

What a neat and tidy little lesson !

You sure can strum !

Dermot

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic