>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - If - Pink Floyd

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The second side of Pink Floyd’s 1970 album, Atom Heart Mother, had three individual songs by the three main writers. Roger Waters’ contribution was If.

It is a very simple chord progression played with an eight-note arpeggio fingerpicking pattern. The lesson is done ‘Work It Out’ style showing you only the right hand at first, then giving a few hints before revealing the chord progression and arrangement.

There are no attachments with the lesson as they should not really be necessary.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sandysue

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:31 pm

I've never really knowingly payed attention to pink Floyd in the past, but the lyrics to this song really caught my attention. A little strange but intriguing. He sings in a soft, sort of mesmerizing voice. I like this song. Oops, guess we're suppose to be figuring out the chords. Sorry, got side tracked there for a minute. Better go listen again.

Wow. I just watched that whole lesson. I was way off on the key and the chord progression. That song sounds deceivingly simple but there are a lot of good things to learn from that lesson. Thanks Neil. Something to work on after camp.

Sandy

BigBear

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:59 pm

WOW!! Atom Heart Mother, now that's a blast from the past!! That goes good with Fat Old Sun another Target lesson!! One of the earlier David Gilmour and Roger Waters successful collaborations although as I recall neither of them likes this album.

:cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic