>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Least Complicated - Indigo Girls

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Least Complicated is a song by an American folk rock music duo consisting of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. It it taken from their 5th studio album Swamp Ophelia.

Although the lesson takes a look at both guitar parts, it mostly covers Emily’s part in the key of A. It goes over the travis style picking and a few strumming examples. The latter should be done randomly but very important is to accentuate certain beats throughout the song, including the off beats and syncopated chord changes.

Besides three barre chords, a couple of chord shapes will be challenging to some guitar players.

Since Amy’s part in the key of G is much easier, beginners might wanna tackle that first. A short segment for that is included.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Vanessa

Great lesson..... :P

My counting's bad enough !

I don't know if you noticed but the lesson link Part Numbers don't match (up after Part 3 ) with the videos !

But then counting's Most Complicated !

That's why you don't want to hear me playing !

:laugh: :laugh:

Edit
Fixed ........... That was quick :ohmy:

TGNeil

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm

The fix has been underway for a bit and should be done in a few minutes.

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Neil

Whodunit ?

:laugh: :laugh:

Edit

No sooner said than fixed :ohmy:

michelew

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:01 am

TGNessa,

What a great lesson! This is SO jam packed with information, I know I'm going to need to watch it many times to soak it all up.

This song has so many different attributes that look tricky to capture properly, but true to form you've spent heaps of time explaining them to help us get them down. The attention you pay to where the accents can be placed in the strumming alone in various parts of the song is incredibly detailed.

BTW - I think you do a GREAT job in the playthrough segment regardless of the fact that you're a solo guitar and single voice. It sounded wonderful to me.

I promise if we're ever in the same room and decide to play this together, I'll sing Emily's part so you don't have to stress your voice singing so high. :)

Another great lesson on a cool Indigo Girls song Nessa. Got any more Indigo Girls songs up your sleeve?

I assume we won't see a lesson next week as you'll be at IGC. Have fun at camp. I'll be hoping that those of us not attending this year get to see a few snippets of the fun we're missing.

Thanks!

Shel

Edit - i think I'm making new neural pathways trying to get my fingers to shift from A to Bm7sus4 to C#m7 to D6 in the first part of verse 1. Geesh! Slow nelly, slow. :) :) :) I hope that's what's happening anyway. Otherwise my brain is just hurting. :) thanks for explaining how that goes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic