>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Heaven - Bryan Adams

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Heaven is a power ballad by Canadian rock singer-songwriter Bryan Adams, recorded in 1983. It became his first number one single.

The lesson takes a look at the acoustic version as performed during the Unplugged Show broadcast by MTV, as well as how Bryan performs it nowadays. The latter is probably easier to tackle for beginners.

The Unplugged version contains flatpicking, strumming, a few embellishments and passing bass notes. The song is in the key of C, using the I, II, IV, V and VI, with one chord out of the key which is also the hardest one to play.

Keep in mind, that no matter which version you decide to play, keep the playing random and make the song your own.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Are you back?? and how!!! fantastic song..

Lavallee

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Ness, you are such a good performer, fantastic voice and outstanding guitar talent.

Marc

sandysue

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:44 pm

I love that song Vanessa, you play it and sing it so well. It's also good for learning to use a pick. Thanks for the lesson.

Sandy

michelew

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:49 pm

TGNessa,

Another classic indeed. It's a beautiful song...

And the playthrough is classically you; it's sensitive, passionate and beautiful to the core. I never tire of seeing you perform.

TGNesh

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 am

Hey guys and gals! :)

I absolutely meant to get back to you, for leaving me such kind comments!

Willem: Yeah I'm back alright, very glad to hear you think I'm BACK! :P Thanks! :)

Marc: Hey Marc, how great to hear from you! I so hope you could attend an IGC some time, it's been way too long since we met. I hope you're well and not letting work get too much to you. Loved to read your comment, really appreciate it, many thanks!

Sandy and Michele: You two are such sweethearts and I'm blessed to be able to call you my friends! Many many thanks! :kiss: :cheer: And yeah, the flat picking bit is absolutely good exercise! ;) I'm so glad you liked the play through, it wasn't particularly easy. Just got back from IGC, so the mood was a bit (actually a lot!) low, but I guess I managed. Thanks again my friends!

TGNess B)

familyman4

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Hello Vanessa,
Sorry I haven't been able to check this lesson out sooner but now that I have, I just wanted to send you a positive comment on how well you did on the instruction. As always, very, very detailed instructions for every level of player to learn and enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to teach for us and great job on the play through! Even with a sore throat from camp, you can knock it out of the park...
Bart

schembre

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Great song! Thanks Ness. However, I was shocked to see Bryan put a Bigsby on his Guild F50! We need to get him to next year's camp and have a little discussion with him ... just sayin ... :-)

TGNesh

Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Bart: Hey my friend :) , thanks so much for leaving me such a kind comment :cheer:, it is always really appreciated. I sure hope that I keep making progress as a teacher. It's indeed what I love to do and I want to be good at it too. For that i loved the one on one lessons at camp, wish I could've sat down with each and everyone. Am also glad the play through for this one came through with sore throat and all, haha, gosh! :laugh: :S Gotta love camp! :P Thanks again Bart!

Bob: Hey Bob, how great to hear from you! :) And yeah, it's a great song, a classic. Bryan at camp, now that would be awesome! :cheer: And you all over him about his Bigsby, haha! :laugh: Thanks Bob!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic