>>New Target Exclusive Release - Acoustic Genius Theory - Ear Training: C Major Exercises

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target Members Exclusive release Ear Training For Guitarists.

One of the most important skills every musician needs to develop is the ability to listen and recognize all things musical. It seems that some people pick this up naturally but to most of us it can seem very mysterious.

The goal of this series is to help you improve your ear training capabilities by focusing on individual parts at a time.

Ear Training really consists of multiple components: picking out melodies, hearing chord changes (harmony), and even sight singing a written melody. This series will eventually address many of these different aspects but we get started with simple melodies in a single key.

Phase I – C Major Exercises: We start with melodic fragments all taken from a one-octave C scale in first position on the guitar. It would be good to review the scale as well as the chords in a major key as you start this phase.

These scale exercises will be presented playing through them entirely in the first segment, followed by a second one consisting of each exercise played individually with breaks for the student to try to play what they heard.

Then each set of exercises will conclude with a “Check It” segment discussing what you hopefully heard. An attachment with each exercise written out is provided, but I recommend doing as much as you can without consulting the answer sheet.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... rists.html

sbutler

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 am

Well I guess you've taught me pretty well so far. Didn't get tripped up much on that one. So keep em comin.

scott

TGNeil

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am

sbutler wrote:
Well I guess you've taught me pretty well so far. Didn't get tripped up much on that one. So keep em comin.

scott
Scott,

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I think for some people this will be a little harder but I wanted to build this from the ground up.

Neil

willem

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:01 am

Great, I am curious how this will devolop for me and I'm on the lesson and did'nt looked at the answers, of course I am focused on the key of C and recogniced some chords and melody..

It would be great if I could slow it down..

I always thought hear training was not for me (to old) but then I realised that I do it in the choir for many of years (listen to the played melody and then sing the words to it,, that is also listen and hear it).. B)

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic