>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - San Francisco - Scott McKenzie

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) is an American pop music song, written by John Philips of The Mamas & The Papas and sung by Scott McKenzie.

The song is in the key of G, using the I, IV, V and VI, and changes to the key of A at the end. Even though the arrangement is easy, the student needs to be able to play barre chords from both the E and A families.

The strumming is simple, should be done randomly and changes from the speed of 8th’s to the speed of 16th’s back and forth.

The lesson takes a look at how to dress up the playing by for example adding bounces into the strumming to give it a rhythmic feel. Copying the bass player for the last part of the song is also a nice addition to ones playing.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

jayswett

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 pm

At last, I finally learned how to do that bounce thing. Thanks Vanessa.
Jay

TGNesh

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am

Ah that's so great to hear Jay!

Once comfortable doing that, it'll be very easy to incorporate. It's simple, yet rhythmically and dynamically very affective.

Cool!!

Ness

jayswett wrote:
At last, I finally learned how to do that bounce thing. Thanks Vanessa.
Jay

michelew

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:10 am

Hey TGNess! :)

This is SUCH a sweet song. You absolutely look happy singing it just as you did when you performed it for us some time ago.

I have to admit that I don't use a pick much. Even for strumming songs, I oft just use my nails. But, you've got me using one tonight. I'm with Jay, that bounce and double bounce of yours must be mastered. I'm still working on that one.

I love the way you've incorporated the bass too. In fact I was a listening to an album version and the bass is pretty cool all around. You know what that makes me want to do. :)

Nice detail on the strumming pattern options and ways to make it more interesting.

Great choice and I loved your sunny rendition.

I like the way you're mixing up the song lessons; classic, recent hits, and just cool songs.

Thanks Ness. I LOVE your stuff.

Shel :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 pm

This is iconic! I'm off to check out the "bouncy thing" :-). Nice job Ness!

willem

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:28 am

Working hard on the bounce..think I got it...

and off for some flowers...yeah in my hair..

Hippie

EDIT: You're welcome.. B)

TGNesh

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Michele: Shel, what would I do without your support!!!!! :cheer: B) :woohoo: :kiss: And yeah, I smile a lót in this video/play through, haha! :laugh: It's true, the song does that to me, I find it such a gorgeous and happy song, so I guess it shows. And yes, i do tend to keep things mixed, recent stuff, older stuff, classics, back to recent stuff and so on, I'm so glad you like that! So, the bounce, how is that going??

Chris: Oh yeah, iconic for sure :cheer: ! Many thanks Chris! So how are you doing when throwing in a bounce?

Willem: Haha, i should have worn flowers in my hair when singing this! :laugh: Well for me it is: 'If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to print out the return-ticket' (customs wants to know that you're actually leaving the place too :angry: :S ) Oh well, I had fun anyway! ;) Good luck on the bounce Willem, keep trying, just saw your attempt on Facebook, make sure that you count it out '4 and ah 1'. :)

Thanks guys and gal!

TGNessa B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic