>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Don't Answer Me - Alan Parsons Project

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Don’t Answer Me is a 1984 song by The Alan Parsons Project from the album ‘Ammonia Avenue’. The music video was rendered in comic book style, with art and animation by M.W. Kaluta.

The song is in the key of C, using all the chords, expect for chord VII and with one out of the key, which is also the hardest one to play.

Because the progression is very easy, as well as the strumming, I’ve decided to use this lesson to get more into how to dress up the strumming with a ‘bounce’ as you can also hear in songs like for example Tequila Sunrise and Things We Said Today. There is a segment in which I thoroughly break it down, slow it down and gradually speed it up in order for students to get the hang of it.

The goal is to carry it over into other songs and to incorporate it into your strumming in general to give your playing a driving and rhythmic touch.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:57 pm

You're a bouncing type,, thank you for the drill.. :laugh: :P B)

TGNesh

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:33 am

Haha, apparently I am! :laugh:

You're welcome Willem, hope the drill works for you, let me know how that goes. It turned out to be my longest segment ever I think! :S I had fun though as I'm sure you could tell at one point :laugh: . And gosh all that counting :blink: , i actually noticed that being fit réally adds to counting for that long straight on, without having breathing-difficulties. What a 07.00 A.M. crossfit-workout can do, beneficial in many ways! :P :cheer:

TGNess B)

willem wrote:
You're a bouncing type,, thank you for the drill.. :laugh: :P B)

michelew

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:24 am

TGNessa,

You're HILARIOUS! I just played a C chord with you for 18 1/2 minutes and I'm grinning. :) crazy! You're such a fun teacher Ness.

AND Gosh you look like you're having fun. So... How often can people say they make a living at the things they enjoy doing?well as much as you seem to have enjoyed making the bounce segment anyway.

Oh by the way, GOT iT! :) and kept up with you til the end. :)

Haha! 18:30 minutes! You're crazy!

Love it!

Shel

TGNesh

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:16 am

Haha! :laugh: Yeah, watching it back I thought it was a bit hilarious too, I was sure having fun! :woohoo: Ánd you kept up til the end, that's awesome Shel! :cheer: Glad you loved it!

And now incorporate it into other songs! ;)

Many thanks my sweet friend! :) :) :)

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

You're HILARIOUS! I just played a C chord with you for 18 1/2 minutes and I'm grinning. :) crazy! You're such a fun teacher Ness.

AND Gosh you look like you're having fun. So... How often can people say they make a living at the things they enjoy doing?well as much as you seem to have enjoyed making the bounce segment anyway.

Oh by the way, GOT iT! :) and kept up with you til the end. :)

Haha! 18:30 minutes! You're crazy!

Love it!

Shel

jimcjimc

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Late to this one - I was out of town last week...

but, for my money, part 4 of this lesson is one of the best videos on the site.

TGNesh

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Aaah that's so great to Jim :cheer: ! Really glad that you can appreciate that one, many thanks!

TGNess B)

jimcjimc wrote:
Late to this one - I was out of town last week...

but, for my money, part 4 of this lesson is one of the best videos on the site.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic