>>New Target Exclusive release - Acoustic Genius Theory - Ear Training: Phase II – Harmony

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

We're starting Phase II in the Ear Training Course focusing on Harmony.

Hearing chord progressions and chord changes is another vital aspect of ear training. We start this phase off with focusing on the five common guitar keys and listening to progressions using only the primary chords.

These would be I, IV, and V, with V frequently expanded to being a seventh chord. The first few parts of this section include three progressions played in various keys and rhythms.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... rmony.html

sbutler

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 am

Why do I think this series is about to become much harder?

TGNeil

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:14 am

sbutler wrote:
I think that is the plan. I just wanted to have a starting point that most students should be able to handle.

Neil

sbutler

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:11 pm

TGNeil wrote:
sbutler wrote:
I think that is the plan. I just wanted to have a starting point that most students should be able to handle.

Neil
Neil, I'm adding another challenge to my already limited skill set, and that is to be able to play each of these chord progressions up the neck, as you play them at the standard position.
I want those alt locations in my head, as natural as standard. I may only serve to frustrate myself, but you never know what you can do until you try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic