>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Good Life (A Ragtime Excursion) - Neil Hogan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Following up on my own personal Ragtime Revival, I have written a Classic Ragtime piece that is not too difficult to play. It consists of four sections, with each one getting a little more difficult.

I have tried to incorporate many of the important techniques and characteristics typically found in rags without the pyrotechnics required to transcribe ones written for the piano to the guitar.

Section A is in the key of E Major and uses normal chords and shapes that you should already be familiar with. One of the biggest keys to proper Ragtime is the syncopated melody notes, accented before a strong beat in the measure and then carried over onto the beat. This is the main focus of Section A.

Enjoy this level 6 drip feed lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ssons.html

tombo1230

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice one Neil, looking forward to the rest of this as it unfolds. :)

Tom N.

fjeanmur

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Neil,

Will there be attachments with these segments?

Jean

TGNeil

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
Hi Neil,

Will there be attachments with these segments?

Jean
Oops!
Of course and there are on the way.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Exceptional Lesson Neil.

Thanks lots.

Dermot

fjeanmur

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:52 am

Hey Niel,

I heard your shout out this morning on the Weekly Wrap up. Love the lesson!! So far "The Good Life" has been so much fun! I'm still on the first part which is really pretty easy, it's just a question of finding enough time these past few weeks.

I'm always checking back with GP on the intro though, because I'm never quite sure that I have that syncopation right from one day to the next. This one and "Rosa May" are keeping me quite busy, but it's all good! Maybe I can sneak in a little extra time this weekend. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic