>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Summer Of ’69 is a song by Canadian rock singer-songwriter Bryan Adams, recorded in 1984 and released as the 4th single of his album Reckless.

The lesson is mostly based on the acoustic version as performed during the Unplugged Show broadcast by MTV.

The song is in the key of D, using the I, IV, V and VI, and a key change in the bridge. The playing involves both flatpicking as well as strumming.

The lesson takes a close look at the main four measures which appear in the intro, outro, verses and interludes. It covers how Keith Scott plays it, which is basically an arpeggio over D major and A major, incorporating sus2’s and sus4’s, and also how Bryan plays it himself.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Ness:

I hope this one is similar to the way you played it at the IGC last year. That was a great performance.

Looking forward to watching this one.

TGNesh

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Hey MJ!

Well last years performance was actually in particular based on the acoustic version as Bryan plays it in the unplugged MTV-show, since that's the one that I've always liked best! So yeah, I guess it's similar enough! :P

Many thanks for the compliment Jason! I actually can't believe that that performance was already more than a year ago :blink: , gosh how time flies, before we know it, we'll be attending IGC 2015! :woohoo: ;)

Music Junkie wrote:
Ness:

I hope this one is similar to the way you played it at the IGC last year. That was a great performance.

Looking forward to watching this one.

sandysue

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Great lesson Ness. I love this song.

Sandy

Craig

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 am

Awesome lesson Vanessa! One I've wanted to learn for quite awhile. I can't wait to get started on it.

Thanks,

Craig

michelew

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:05 am

Another classic Nessa.

VERY cool playthrough!

As soon as you start playing the arpeggios I'm transported to the '80s. It's so characteristic.

Nice!

M

TGNesh

Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Sandy: Thanks so much Sandy! I finally got to this one, have always loved it too, such a cool song!

Craig: Hey Craig, how great to read you! Still alive and kicking (playing :P )? Glad to hear you're into this one, and you gotta of course show me when you get it down! ;) Thanks for checking in Craig!

Michele: You're absolutely right, an absolute classic and such a characteristic intro, back to the '80s we go! :cheer: Very pleased you liked the play through (play through's remain a challenge :blink: )!!! :) :) Many thanks Shel!

TGNessa B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic