>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Story - Brandi Carlile

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The Story is a song released by the very talented American alternative country and folk rock singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile. She is known for possessing a big voice that cracks emotively when she is belting.

The song was written by Phil Hanseroth, her bassplayer, and appears on her second 2007 album with the same name. It received exposure to a wider audience by being played on the soundtrack to medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’.

The arrangement features an easy progression in the key of A, using the very common I, V, VI, IV progression. It involves steady, consistent, driving and even a bit of aggressive strumming as well as flatpicking. The lesson also covers the solo which appears after the second verse.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

jayswett

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Great song. Great performer. Glad to see some Brandi Carlile on the site. She puts on a wonderful live show.

michelew

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Hey TGNESSA,

Gosh! You go away for a week and you're still keeping us busy with songs that are hard to resist. :) you're unstoppable. :)

I'm VERY happy to see Brandi Carlile in the lesson library. She's got some great stuff. I knew Jay would be interested too.

This is a great song, even if you have to have guts to bash out the singing. :) I loved your solution to the super high note too. Your expression was priceless. :) :) :P

Thanks Nessa!

I imagine while I'm writing this that you could be listening to a cool concert. Who could it be? The Indigo Girls, Heart, Shawn, Emmy Lou.... Lucky Duck! Dead envious here. I hope you're having an AMAZING time. You deserve it, especially given how you're working your butt off for us and your other students.

I love your work.

Shel

TGNesh

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Very pleased that you like the addition of Brandi Carlile Jay! I agree, she's fantastic! :)

Which songs would you like to see? I sure don't know her song-catalog.

Thanks Jay!

jayswett wrote:
Great song. Great performer. Glad to see some Brandi Carlile on the site. She puts on a wonderful live show.

TGNesh

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey my biggest fan! :cheer:

You of course had nothing to do with me adding a Brandi Carlile-song :P .

The high note, haha! :laugh: Very glad you like the solution and expression! :S :blink: :laugh:

As for cool concerts.....gosh, my trip was one major musical WOW!!! They are ALL SO good!!!!! :blink: :woohoo: Had the time of my life! Absolute highlight was Shawn, Ann Wilson and EmmyLou sharing the stage and playing/singing each others songs. They did some covers of others too, like Bob Dylan's 'Ring Them Bells'. I couldn't believe my eyes when they all walked on stage, it was a surprise. It was Shawn Colvin's concert and she would bring some guests, we didn't know who. They even had printed lyrics here and there, since it was so impromptu to play together, can't believe i almost had missed that particular concert :ohmy:, since i had already seen her twice. (the sun was calling too!).

Anyway, back on topic, otherwise i'm my very own pirate ;). Thanks so much Shel! :) :)

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
Hey TGNESSA,

Gosh! You go away for a week and you're still keeping us busy with songs that are hard to resist. :) you're unstoppable. :)

I'm VERY happy to see Brandi Carlile in the lesson library. She's got some great stuff. I knew Jay would be interested too.

This is a great song, even if you have to have guts to bash out the singing. :) I loved your solution to the super high note too. Your expression was priceless. :) :) :P

Thanks Nessa!

I imagine while I'm writing this that you could be listening to a cool concert. Who could it be? The Indigo Girls, Heart, Shawn, Emmy Lou.... Lucky Duck! Dead envious here. I hope you're having an AMAZING time. You deserve it, especially given how you're working your butt off for us and your other students.

I love your work.

Shel

jayswett

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:12 pm

There are several of her songs that would make great lessons, in my opinion:

That Year, Dying Day, Turpentine, Have You Ever.

jayswett

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Will be playing this song at our next open mic in town, as a request from one of the regulars. Thanks for a great lesson.
Jay

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:36 am

Some Story too !

:ohmy:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:07 pm

You keep popping out the surprises Nessa, I would not have seen this one coming as I don't think I have heard it by Brandi Carlile. I think I heard an Italian version from Gianna Nanini or Laura Puasini, someone like that. Any idea who it could be?
Another great lesson, love the way she throws her voice around as she does in this song! Anyone else brave enough here to try that on for size? :-)

Craig

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:32 am

That's awesome Jay! Any chance we can get a peek at your performance? Good luck and great song choice!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic