>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Chasing Cars is a song from the British alternative rock band Snow Patrol. It is taken from their fourth album, Eyes Open, and was released in 2006. The song gained significant popularity in the US after being featured in the second season finale of the popular medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy. It was nominated for Best Rock Song at the 2007 Grammy Awards.

The lesson takes a look at the acoustic version which involves two guitar parts. It features an easy 8-measure progression in the key of A, using the I, IV and V.

It contains mostly two-note chord shapes, a few possible challenging left hand stretches, flatpicking, focused strumming and full on strumming for the right hand. The latter needs to be done driving and consistently.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

jayswett

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Great lesson. Simple song, but alot to learn from this.

michelew

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:01 pm

TGNessa,

WOW! You were breaking my heart just from watching your preview. It's still heavy after watching your playthrough. Your lead singing, harmonies and both guitar parts all combined to be so expressive and powerful; regardless of whether you were able to achieve your desired perfect balance. So beautiful.

This is a gorgeous and emotional song. I love the way you choose songs which can be relatively straightforward but still provide so many learning opportunities and are just plain beautiful.

... Speechless.

TGNesh

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks Jay! And i absolutely agree with you, still enough to learn from this one. To make it sound really clean and smooth, it doesn't come all by itself, it does take accuracy.

jayswett wrote:
Great lesson. Simple song, but alot to learn from this.

TGNesh

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks so much Shel, you're so sweet! :kiss:

And yes, I did my very best on that play through! Eventually I was content enough with the balance and all. And I just really love the song, it's so powerful. So yeah, absolutely happy that it left you 'speechless'....just awesome to hear! :)

And actually, I like 'simple' and 'straightforward'. And then again, like i said to Jay, to make it sound as it does, it does need a couple of skills, precise picking and strumming and more. Anyway, thanks a whole bunch for your comment, it sure made my day! :cheer: (sorry that I didn't get back earlier, but the latest lesson took quite a bit of work :blink: :S , so unfortunately I've been kinda absent over here... )

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

WOW! You were breaking my heart just from watching your preview. It's still heavy after watching your playthrough. Your lead singing, harmonies and both guitar parts all combined to be so expressive and powerful; regardless of whether you were able to achieve your desired perfect balance. So beautiful.

This is a gorgeous and emotional song. I love the way you choose songs which can be relatively straightforward but still provide so many learning opportunities and are just plain beautiful.

... Speechless.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic