>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - After The Gold Rush - Neil Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

After The Gold Rush is a song, written, composed, and performed by Neil Young and is the title song from his third solo album, released in 1970.

The original is done on a piano and is easy to transcribe to the guitar, since it’s just an accompaniment for vocals.

The lesson covers the song in the key of D, like the original, but also discusses other keys in which it can be played. Neil himself has performed it very often in the key of C and in recent years even in the key of A, while playing it on the guitar.

A very doable chord solo arrangement is included, but one needs to be familiar with Travis style picking patterns.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey TGNessa,

So in your hands a straight forward strumming song becomes a 9 piece learning banquet, including a choice of a chord solo as a fancy course. I'm shocked! :) :) :P

Neil sure writes some beautiful songs. But I'd rather listen to your beautiful singing any day. Lovely playthrough Nessa.

Nice choice of lesson. Nice way to extend the Grammy Festival at Sea experience.

Beautiful.

Shel

willem

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

I guess you are still day dream of that cruise you made. :laugh:

I think NY was stoned (als een garnaal) when he wrote that song. :laugh: B)

I throw my guitarlibido ( I stolen that) on learning this song, :woohoo:

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Very cool, thanks Vanessa...

:ohmy:

willem

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:24 pm

I love your collage Dermot.

BobR

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi Ness,

Thanks , really cool lesson :)

sadletter141324

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:32 pm

This is one of the best tutorials I've seen. Thanks for the in depth lesson along with the notation & tabs! B)

TGNesh

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:04 am

Michele: Hi Shel, yeah this one was definitely inspired by the Grammy Festival At Sea-experience, i loved it!! :woohoo: It was funny to find out it was a Neil Young-tune again, haha! :laugh: I guess I couldn't help myself, I just always want to add that little extra, except that little extra became most of the lesson. :blink:
I actually love singing this song for whatever reason, fits my range well (well if I'm not recovering from a cold it does... :S ), so really glad you liked the play through and well....my singing in general! :cheer: :) Thanks so much my sweet friend!

Willem: Ooooh you bet I am, still! I still can't get over the fact that they were all SO VERY GOOD!! :ohmy: :woohoo: And yes, NY was on 'something' with every verse he wrote. When asked later, by Dolly Parton, he had no clue what the song was about. Dolly Parton once commented about the making of her version of the song: "When we were doing the Trio album, I asked Linda and Emmy what it meant, and they didn't know. So we called Neil Young, and he didn't know. We asked him, flat out, what it meant, and he said, 'Hell, I don't know. I just wrote it. It just depends on what I was taking at the time. I guess every verse has something different I'd taken.'" :laugh:
So tell me, how is the song going? Got into it yet?

Dermot: Not sure what the collage means Dermot :dry: , but still appreciated, thanks! :)

Bob: Good to hear from you Bob (missing you and camp :( ), glad to hear you like this one, thanks!!

Sadletter: Wow..that's just SO awesome to read!!!! :cheer: Thank you very much and welcome to the forums! :)

TGNessa B)

michelew

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:27 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

And yes, NY was on 'something' with every verse he wrote. When asked later, by Dolly Parton, he had no clue what the song was about. Dolly Parton once commented about the making of her version of the song: "When we were doing the Trio album, I asked Linda and Emmy what it meant, and they didn't know. So we called Neil Young, and he didn't know. We asked him, flat out, what it meant, and he said, 'Hell, I don't know. I just wrote it. It just depends on what I was taking at the time. I guess every verse has something different I'd taken.'" :laugh:

TGNessa B)

Haha! Too funny!

willem

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:03 am

TGVanessa wrote:

So tell me, how is the song going? Got into it yet?

TGNessa B)[/quote]

Its such a simple song with the strumming,maybe on 13-12-2014 we do this song again on a friends night,,we did it before but I was listening only,,hope I can now strum it..and maybe the chord melody in the instrumental part..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic