Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Rhiannon with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Taking a short break from our recent Guitar Geography lessons, Sandy and I got to work on Rhiannon, Stevie Nicks great song from Fleetwood Mac’s self-titled 1975 album.

The song features a cool riff played by Lindsey Buckingham that has a Big Bill Broonzy style mono-bass part. The challenge here is keeping the two parts moving independently. As with many of Sandy’s recent lessons, I wanted her to do this more by ear, not relying on the printed music.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

Lavallee

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Good lesson Sandy, I am also working on that great song. Glad you went for a Fly on the wall for the extra tips from Neil. Pretty soon you will be able to post it

Marc

sandysue

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you Marc

I love that song too. The first part of Rhiannon wasn't so hard to learn, but it's a little more challenging for me to sustain a bar chord at the 8th fret over time while finger picking the melody. My hand gets a little tired and then the notes don't come out as clearly, but It's a great song so i think it's worth the effort.

Sandy

Lavallee

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I sure can relate to that pain with the fretted melody

Marc

sandysue

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:24 pm

yeah marc, if its a quick move I can do it pretty good, but if I have to sustain that bar chord over a couple of measures while I move my fingers around to play the melody, then it gets a little sketchy sometimes.

sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic