>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Expecting To Fly - Neil Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Expecting To Fly is a song written by Neil Young and performed by Buffalo Springfield. It appeared on their 1967 album, ‘Buffalo Springfield Again’. The song is another great example of a style that Neil Young uses frequently, changing time signatures and using chords from a few different keys.

The lesson takes a look at how Neil Young played it after the band broke up, which he has done on both the guitar as well as the piano. It features fairly easy chords and strumming, a few embellishments and of course changes in time signatures, which might be challenging.

The lesson is presented in the key of D, although Neil tunes all the strings of his guitar a whole step down, putting it in the absolute key of C. It also takes a look at how to play it in the key of A, capoed on the 3rd fret.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:14 am

TGNessa,

Ahhh :) it looks like Shawn, Emmy Lou and Ann have got you on a Neil Young bent.

Not being much of a NY fan myself, this isn't one I know, but I really enjoyed your playthrough. The song was quite ... It plays with your emotions. Sad and yet... Something.

At first I found the time signature changes a little distracting, but I was soon enjoying them. I'm pretty sure the song would work it's way into an Earworm after a little while.

Thanks for the intro.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Haha, yeah you would think so! :laugh: Well they did point out 'After The Gold Rush' to me. And from there it did remind me of this one as well (and a few more, which i'll save for another day/month/year ;) ). It used to be my mom's favorite Buffalo Springfield-song (I listened to them a lot as a kid), so yeah pretty nice to get to it now.

Thanks for checking it out Shel, even when not being much of a NY-fan :P and of course very glad you liked the play through!! :cheer: It is really a beautiful song....

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Ahhh :) it looks like Shawn, Emmy Lou and Ann have got you on a Neil Young bent.

Not being much of a NY fan myself, this isn't one I know, but I really enjoyed your playthrough. The song was quite ... It plays with your emotions. Sad and yet... Something.

At first I found the time signature changes a little distracting, but I was soon enjoying them. I'm pretty sure the song would work it's way into an Earworm after a little while.

Thanks for the intro.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic