>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Samuel Beam, better known by his stage and recording name Iron & Wine, is an American singer-songwriter, who rose to prominence with a blend of whispered vocals and soft, homespun indie folk. Naked As We Came is taken from his 2004 album, Our Endless Numbered Days, that signaled his arrival on the indie folk scene.

The song features a basic, simple and moderately fast travis style picking arrangement which acts as a lovely accompaniment for Samuel’s vocals and deep lyrics. It contains a few colorful chords and easy chord shapes in the key of D, in Dropped D-tuning, where the guitar is capoed on the second fret.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm SUCH a sucker for your lessons Nessa. I just can't resist. :)

This is a BEAUTIFUL song Ness. I really love it. And I'm really enjoying playing it this afternoon. The movement in the bass notes is just gorgeous.

Another nicely detailed lesson too. I like the reminders of flying fingers, hand positions, keeping the notes as long as possible (not cutting them off) and the finger picking variations too. Nice! I'm also enjoying learning one that I'm able to get down pretty quickly.

I didn't have any Iron and Wine in my music library so it's cool to add this album.

I LOVED your play through, nothing new there of course. :)

Beautiful song that's nicely straightforward. Thanks sweet teacher. I always love your lessons. Now to work out where to place the capo. Five, six... :) Yep... Gotta match my girlie voice, right!? :)

Shel

lueders

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:18 pm

HELLO Vanessa!! :) :) :)
(I hope you are well and miss you and Suz...and some other TG folks)

Looks like another great lesson...I occasionally bop into to T.G. to see what is going...( sadly time seriously doesn't permit much more than for me to nose around for more than that... recently moved to a house in the country, new baby (Lorelei Jade) coaching/teaching and ???)

Anyways, I love this simple little song! Krista and I had so much fun trying to perform it.

I am sure you did a great job on it as always!!
Sure wish I could get out to the west coast to TG camp but I don't think that is in the cards for me $$$...

best wishes!!!!

P.S. I dunno if it is in the works but you might consider doing a lesson on: Iron & Wine's "Such Great Heights" another killer track...

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm

lueders wrote:
(I hope you are well and miss you and Suz...and some other TG folks)

Looks like another great lesson...I occasionally bop into to T.G. to see what is going...( sadly time seriously doesn't permit much more than for me to nose around for more than that... recently moved to a house in the country, new baby (Lorelei Jade) coaching/teaching and ???)

Anyways, I love this simple little song! Krista and I had so much fun trying to perform it.

I am sure you did a great job on it as always!!
Sure wish I could get out to the west coast to TG camp but I don't think that is in the cards for me $$$...

best wishes!!!!

P.S. I dunno if it is in the works but you might consider doing a lesson on: Iron & Wine's "Such Great Heights" another killer track...
Cori:

Great to hear from you! Congrats on the addition to the family! I hope Krista and Lorelei are doing great!

"Such Great Heights" is a great song. Have you heard the rendition by The Postal Service? It is a good one as well...

Take care and give the family some good wishes from the TG community!

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Hmmm, yummy stuff Ness, never heard it or them before. Hartelijk dank!

dennisg

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm

This is just beautiful, Nessa, and I'm definitely going to learn it and take it to an open mic. Thanks so much for this lesson.

I'd also like to put in a vote for Such Great Heights ... a song that just mesmerized me when I saw the movie Garden State.

unclewalt

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:25 pm

michelew

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:41 am

I've been really enjoying this whole album. Cinder and Smoke, Fever Dream and Sunset Soon Forgotten are particularly beautiful.

Can anyone tell me why or maybe who's teeth are in the grass? :)

I really like the lyrics too, like 'May I be weeding your hair". Some are quite evocative. Very cool.

michelew

Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:19 am

lueders wrote:
...I occasionally bop into to T.G. to see what is going...( sadly time seriously doesn't permit much more than for me to nose around for more than that... recently moved to a house in the country, new baby (Lorelei Jade) coaching/teaching and ???)

A HUGE WOW! And congratulations for little Lorelei Jade. What a beautiful name. How's Krista? Feel like posting some photos of your beautiful new family? I'm so happy for you Cori. :) getting much sleep? :)

Wonderful!

Love and hugs to the three of you. Xxx and if you feel the urge to perform it with little LJ on percussion (perhaps), I say GO Team Rattle and poohey bum. :)

Shel

P.S. Sorry to be a pirate Ness but AARRARRRR, I blame the scurvy clucky germs, actually it's all Cori and Krista's fault. :)

lueders

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Ahoy, Matees!

Yarr...I be surely walkin' the plank for scuttlin' yer ship again...

Just wanna say thanks for the kind words & well-wishes, Michelle, and Jason!! You are good folks!!

Be well!!!

P.S. Take care of yourself this Holiday Season & be sure to get plenty of vitamin C...scurvy is a seaman's worst enemy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic