Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Grandfather’s Clock with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

This lesson was really an ear-training diversion that evolved during our work on Rhiannon. As we worked on the Fleetwood Mac song I realized that she needed a better picture of how the melody went independently of everything else.

Taking a look at a much simpler melody seemed like the right angle to try. Grandfather’s Clock is a great song to enter the world of alternate bass fingerstyle playing and one of those I teach to almost all my students.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

jayswett

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 am

I enjoyed this lesson very much as grandfathers clock was something I have wanted to learn since my visit to Los gatos last April. finally, just moments ago, I felt like I "got it", at least the basic part of it. I was wondering if it would be too much to ask to have a brief demonstration in the next weekly roundup how one might jazz it up a bit. Not a full lesson, just a short play through of a more complex version of it. Thanks, sandy, for letting us in on your lesson.

sandysue

Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Jay

I'm going to see Neil on tuesday, so I'll ask him to expound a little bit on different ways to play grandfathers clock if you like. I haven't really worked on that song much yet anyway because I sort of ventured off to learn fishing blues and Rhiannon, but I'd like to get back to learning it now. :)

Sandy

jayswett

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Hard to blame you for your interest in those songs. Both of them are great.

TGNeil

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:36 pm

jayswett wrote:
I enjoyed this lesson very much as grandfathers clock was something I have wanted to learn since my visit to Los gatos last April. finally, just moments ago, I felt like I "got it", at least the basic part of it. I was wondering if it would be too much to ask to have a brief demonstration in the next weekly roundup how one might jazz it up a bit. Not a full lesson, just a short play through of a more complex version of it. Thanks, sandy, for letting us in on your lesson.
Hi Jay,

This is a great idea. I will see what I can do soon. A thought might be for you to upload what you have to the Upload For Review channel/thread. I am planning to start Reviews ASAP and have decided to just post my Reviews at the same YT channel for everybody, not just Target members.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic