>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wait - Broken Fences

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Broken Fences consists of Morgan Erina and Guy Russo, an indie-folk duo from Pitssburgh, who are known for their powerful songs and stunning harmonies.

Wait is the first single from their debut album, simply called Broken Fences, which was released in 2011. It appeared in season 4’s episode ‘Priority of Life’ of the Canadian police drama television series Flashpoint.

The song features a simple progression and easy chords in open position. It involves a basic Travis style picking pattern, which makes it a perfect song for beginners who want to expand their fingerpicking skills.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

TGNessa,

I just listened to the playthrough with you and Corina, gosh.... it's really beautiful. Your voices sound so good together and you sing it with such sensitivity. It really tugs on the heart strings. Gorgeous!

Another beautiful song Ness. I like learning ones I can get down fairly quickly too.

I've never heard this before. Thanks for the introduction.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Vanessa

Nice play through from both of you :)
Edit
Did I say nice?
I meant much better than nice ! Corina and yourself always get the best out of a song.
Your naturals.

:P

Flashpoint's a good program, I've heard some great songs on it.

Dermot

:)

I liked this version of Wait with the piano too.

willem

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Nice play through from both of you :)

Flashpoint's a good program, I've heard some great songs on it.

Dermot

:)

I liked this version of Waitwith the piano too.

Thats a great version Dermot, thx (kippevel)

Ness and Corina,, great harmonies, its very close I think but sometimes I think also they sing the same melody? not sure!! Thanks for the pickin.

Willem

TGNesh

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Michele: That's so great to hear Shel!! :cheer: I had never heard of this one before either. A dutch TG-member, who had contacted me over here in Holland, pointed it out to me, suggesting to perform it together at an open mic (which we likely will next month). I actually instantly fell in love with it, I'm such a sucker for harmonies ;) It's just a GORGEOUS song! And yeah, I'm so lucky to have Corina around to help me out with the vocals (didn't she do an awesome job???), we had much fun recording it too :laugh: (no wine involved at that point though, at least not yet :laugh: ;) ) And I agree, it's nice to learn new songs which are easy to get down. That goes for me too, playing wise, but also teaching wise. Anyway, as usual, SO glad you like it!! :cheer:

Dermot: Haha, I hear you Dermot! :laugh: That's really nice to hear, glad you liked it! Yes, I had briefly listened to the piano version as well, which has (as far as I can remember) quite a different feel to it, so didn't incorporate anything in the lesson. Many thanks Dermot!

Willem: Not too sure about that Willem (the harmonies, same melody here and there), Corina and I did it pretty much exactly like the original, we didn't change a thing. (well I left óne particular note, in the bridge, out of there, haha, but that's about it :P ). Didn't really check out the piano version, since it sounded so different to me. The only thing we did was change the key, original cappoed 3rd fret, live performances capoed 4th fret, and we were on the 5th fret, that's it. However, thanks Willem and you're welcome! :)

TGNessa B)

sandysue

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Wow Corina and Vanessa, that was awesomel. What a pretty song and you guys sing it so beautifully together. Wow. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sandy

TGNesh

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:55 am

Aaaaawh you're so sweet Sandy, thank you!!! I'll pass on the 'Wow' to Corina! ;) :cheer:

Ness

sandysue wrote:
Wow Corina and Vanessa, that was awesomel. What a pretty song and you guys sing it so beautifully together. Wow. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 am

Lovely singing ladies, I enjoyed that very much. Nicely played Ness, a very beautiful little song. :)

Tom N.

Lavallee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:02 am

You guys make a heck of a team. Beautiful

Marc

TGNesh

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you very much guys, Tom and Marc! :cheer:

We really had a great time recording it (no, the wine came later Tom! :P ). It's really nice to sing and play together with someone who is really close too (over 30 years of friendship), it just does make a difference. Absolutely glad you've enjoyed it! :)

Thanks again!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic