Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - A New Year’s Plan with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Our first lesson of 2015 started with some thoughts about goals. Fred brought up theory as an aspect of musicianship he would like to improve. Part of the theory problem for almost everybody is it seems to be an immense area, and picking what to focus on is difficult. We hit on the idea of understanding chord progressions better.

We took some simple I-IV-V progressions, as used in Teach Your Children and Brown Eyed Girl for example, and worked through transposing them to other keys. We also got a bit into modal changes like we hear in Angel From Montgomery, and songs with elusive tonics like Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. This lesson ended with a run through of Sister Golden Hair and tips on changing barre chords.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

dekotaj

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

WOW!!
I really enjoyed that.(We hit on the idea of understanding chord progressions better.)I could learn a lot just watching you do this fly on the wall. I hope you will show Fred's lessons.When you work on this through the year.
Kev

willem

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Fred let's agree that you're playing a song in every FOTW that you can or have down,, that was a blast,, thx.

What have you lost? :laugh: B)

I agree with Kevin,

This was a great FOTW

Willem

Fred

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Willem and Kev -

Thanks for taking the time to view the FOTW and for the kind words, as always!

Will shoot for a song in future FOTW's!

Best -
Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic