>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fear - Ben Howard

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The Fear is another very cool song by British singer-songwriter Ben Howard from his debut studio album ‘Every Kingdom’, which was released in 2011. The lesson is primarily based on an acoustic performance, which was broadcast by Secret Sessions.

The playing involves uptempo picking, strumming, several riff’s and a few embellishments such as hammer-ons and pull-offs. Although it features relatively easy chord shapes, there are quite a few challenges, such as a very fast bass run, including embellishments, throughout the intro and verses as well as tricky chord changes.

Also note that the song is definitely not for beginners. It may even be challenging for intermediate players and correct hand positioning as well as practicing hard parts efficiently are absolutely necessary. In the last segment I share more thoughts on those aspects of guitar playing. The guitar is tuned to CGCGGC, a tuning that Ben often uses, and capoed on the 4th fret.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 pm

WOW Ness! That's another VERY cool song. I love the groove. Gosh! You just seem to fly through that fast bass run with no sweat, so smooth, so cool. :) I guess that's why you're the teacher and we students are looking up in awe in the hope that we can emulate it some day. :)

I watched your play along and advice about how to practice and eliminating flying fingers. Yep! I need to remind myself of that stuff for sure.

Thanks for the lesson! When I grow up I want to be a cool guitarist like you. :P

Shel

:kiss:

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:28 am

Vanessa

Looks like a difficult lesson.
Good song.

Click Image To Enlarge:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:32 am

I agree Shel, it's a VERY cool song, cool groove and much fun to play! :cheer:

Once you have practiced such a bass run the right way :P , fingers will indeed fly through it, it's amazing how that works. Try it! ;)

And you know, when I grow up I want to be a ........hmmm.....?!? :dry: :laugh: .......well the best teacher around! :woohoo: If I get close to Neil's teaching abilities, I'll be pretty happy! :)

Many thanks Shel!!

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
WOW Ness! That's another VERY cool song. I love the groove. Gosh! You just seem to fly through that fast bass run with no sweat, so smooth, so cool. :) I guess that's why you're the teacher and we students are looking up in awe in the hope that we can emulate it some day. :)

I watched your play along and advice about how to practice and eliminating flying fingers. Yep! I need to remind myself of that stuff for sure.

Thanks for the lesson! When I grow up I want to be a cool guitarist like you. :P

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:35 am

You're right Dermot, as mentioned in the preview, NOT a song for beginners!

Thanks for dropping by! :)

TGNess B)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Looks like a difficult lesson.
Good song.

Click Image To Enlarge:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic