>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Lyric Collaboration Project – And Winter Glows

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
daryl

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Sandy, I like it!

sandysue

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Thank you Daryl. I think that was more of a poem than a song. I'm not sure how to turn one into the other. Adding the melody would change everything.

Sandy

fjeanmur

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Gosh.....Sandy.....that was beautiful, I could just picture it all...makes me wanna...there is no emoticon for that...

Awesome ladies, love both your versions!

Would love to read yours too Jean!!! :)
OK, then here it is, the best I can do at the moment. Could someone please explain to me why just when you think you have they syllables matched to the notes, the next time you listen it's wrong? I know some things are still off, though. Oh well. But this has been a great experience trying something that I never thought I would. I've enjoyed reading everyone elses, so here's mine.

And Winter Glows

As everybody knows
When lakes have frozen
That darkness falls early
On our doors.

And on the fallen snow
in moonlight glistening
Paper-thin leaves
That fell from trees and
Go to where they're blown.

A familiar sadness grows
From promises broken
We never meant to last
Throughout time.

I remember long ago
When time seemed endless
Now flies like leaves
Caught in a breeze
And melts in the embers' glow.

Another year's gone by
Don't know where time goes
And winter is back 'round my door.

These thoughts I have of you
Through the year so well guarded
Come to mind once more.

But then as winter goes
And time unfrozen comes
As the sun's rays
Warm my door.

The slowly melting snow
runs down and I'm listening
to the whispering breeze
Through soft moving trees
As springtime grows and grows,
My sadness goes,
The winter knows.

sandysue

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:59 pm

That's great jean. Really pretty verses

fjeanmur

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 pm

sandysue wrote:

You're funny. I looked up Heliotrope bouquet, the pinkish purple flowers. Apparently there are about 250 to 300 different species most of which are toxic and can kill you if you happen to eat them. Keeping that in mind, I suppose we could just all use our same sad lyrics for both songs. :P :P[/quote]

250-300 poisonous varieties? That's amazing, Sandy. Now those could be some lyrics we could have some fun with!

davidrfinn99165

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Lovely Jean...wow, lyric monday round here !!!!

daryl

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Jean, I like the lines:

As springtime grows and grows,
My sadness goes,

I can't wait myself. It's been a VERY long winter (so far). :-(

michelew

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:21 pm

WOW! The creative energy has sure been flowing while I was sleeping; Lyric Monday indeed (or Tuesday in my case :) ).

Sandy - I LOVE your poem/lyrics, very evocative. I take it you don't sleep much. You cracked me upwith the line about the cricket being loud. :D they're loud here too. Your description of the poisonous flowers cracked me up too. Funny woman. :) it reminds me of a certain Pirate maker. :)

Jean - WOW! Lots of nice imagery there and deep emotion. Neil's piece seems to evoce memories of heartbreak. You're so right about the syllables changing. I find my intonation changes a little each time I read/sing my lyrics to the music. In fact, I generally find that my lyrics continue to evolve when I start trying to record them. I think I still have some slightly awkward phrases that would be ironed out that way. I'm so glad you pressed 'send'. :)

Nessa - I'm glad you liked my lyrics. Yes we can all relate to heartbreak and loss generally im sure. I sure sank a few times writing this. Thanks Sweetie for being so supportive.

Daryl - thanks! All you need is Love. :) wise words.

David - thanks! Fireside glow you say. :) and here I thought it was slipping into the gloom. :) playing it? Never say never.

sandysue

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Daryl, where do you live? Is it gloomy there in the winter? Do we need to buy you one of those seasonal mood lights, so that your Winter Glows? Sorry Daryl, that was a bad pun. I'm just teasing you. It's warm here in California right now, but we are in a drought so choose your poison. :S

Speaking of poison Jean and David, We might have to lighten up on our lyrics on Heliotrope Bouquet. We're depressing Daryl.. You Know I hear that they use heliotrope flowers to make perfume, Yikes. Maybe we'll just stick to the instrumental. :) :)

Bloody hell Michele, you're making me laugh again. There is one loud cricket at my house that just won't shut up. He's calling his girlfriend at 3am. I hope he finds her soon so I can get some sleep. :)

Sandy

michelew

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Sandy no WONDER you can't sleep with all that sexy cricket serenading going on. Ask them to get a room. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic