Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Strumming Strategy with Ron

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

After a few months of lessons where we worked on some specific songs and problems Ron was having trouble with, he thought it might be a good idea for me to choose the next direction.

Like many people who have played for a long time, Ron could play a lot of songs and they usually sounded pretty good, or at least OK. I feel the key to stepping things up a level (or three) is to have a better understanding of fundamental techniques.

We went into what I might call Strumming 101 by looking at four essential “patterns” that are used to create different rhythmic feels. We touched on many songs, including Brown Eyed Girl, My My Hey Hey, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, and Rambling Man as we explored Strumming Strategy.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... h-ron.html

TGNesh

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Well I'd say a veeeeeeeery valuable lesson for anyone who is still struggling with strumming fundamentals and the understanding of how it all works. Great work Ron!

Too funny how you always use your briefcase to write on Neil, haha! I guess it does the job well enough! :laugh:

Ness

willem

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey Ron great lesson, we need more such things,,

Thanks.

Willem

PS, I like your fotos on FB too. Nice sailingboat..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic