>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of - U2

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
kelemenj

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 am

BRAVO!!!

I really like your take on this. This is also a wonderful song choice.

I think U2 is fantastic. I have found it challenging to cover them as a solo guitarist/vocalist in a convincing and satisfying way.

You cracked the code on this one!

This is definitely going in my set list.

Keep the lessons coming. BTW, I really liked what you did with ''After The Gold Rush''.

Top Notch!

John

TGNesh

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:13 am

THANK YOU!!! :cheer:

Great to hear from you John and how awesome to read your comment!

I'm absolutely with you on that, they're fantastic, but by yourself....hmmm.... Although that has never stopped me from playing their songs anyway, hence the U2-Medley. And as for this one, it's how Edge plays it acoustically, so I took it from there.

I really want to add a few more, but it's hard to pick. Once stripped down, a lot of U2 songs are actually very easy and straightforward (which is actually the reason why I never got to them earlier). I've watched several songs done by them acoustically, they keep it really simple. Still that shouldn't keep me from doing a couple of U2 lessons I suppose. 'One' would be interesting, but I think TotallyElectricGuitars should cover that one.

Which songs do you like?

Personally I'm from the Joshua Tree, Rattle&Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop and All You Can't Leave Behind-days. A LOT of great songs on those album...... :S :blink:

Many thanks for your supportive comment John! Also very glad you like my take on After The Gold Rush, which is the lesson with the most parts I've ever recorded. (that one really got out of hand :laugh: )

Ness

kelemenj wrote:
BRAVO!!!

I really like your take on this. This is also a wonderful song choice.

I think U2 is fantastic. I have found it challenging to cover them as a solo guitarist/vocalist in a convincing and satisfying way.

You cracked the code on this one!

This is definitely going in my set list.

Keep the lessons coming. BTW, I really liked what you did with ''After The Gold Rush''.

Top Notch!

John

TGNesh

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:22 am

Aaaah you found that video, haha :laugh: ! I absolutely had a great time recording that one, just LOVE U2! :cheer: Three songs, only 4 chords. :) Yeah, their songs are progression wise often very straightforward, which is why I didn't get to them just yet (yes I know you've suggested them often to me :) ). I do believe they deserve a spot here at TG, 'simple/easy' or not. They have too many great songs and as said in the introduction, they're one of the greatest bands around.

And yeah, i have always loved 'Stuck In A Moment', along with several other songs on that album (All That You Can't Leave Behind). After finding an acoustic version, which is as cool as this one, I immediately jumped on it, couldn't hold back anymore. ;)

Many thanks for your compliments on my play through, I just LOVE singing this one too! (well that goes for a lot of U2-songs, haha! :P )

Thanks again Shel! xxx

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

VERY COOL addition to the song library, vey cool. Great song. I didn't know this was about Michael Hutchence. That's really interesting. It was a tragic death.

I've been anticipating a U2 song for a while now. I loved your U2 medley in the 3-4 chord song busking thread. It's great to see you teaching this song now.

It works really nicely as an accoustic song. I like the combo of strumming and flat picking too. As much as open tunings are a pain in the bum to keep retuning, they sound great. You've broken the song down really nicely in the lesson too BTW. It's very easy to follow as always.

I LOVE your play through, you've really captured the feeling even though it's just you on the guitar and your gorgeous voice. Fabulous.

Thanks for another great choice and lesson Ness.

Xxx

Shel

Edit: I had to find your U2 medley and rewatch it. The shout out to Cori at the end cracked me up too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic