>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Heliotrope Bouquet - Scott Joplin - Neil Hogan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Heliotrope Bouquet is a piece that has captivated me since I first hear a guitar arrangement of it on the Kicking Mule album The Entertainer. I really enjoyed many of the tunes on the album, done by different guitar players, and was quick to order the accompanying tab booklet to set about learning them.

As I listened more to the original piano arrangements I found many of the guitar versions lacking much of what I heard on the piano. As I started to tackle those parts from the piano music I quickly found out why, and understood why the guitarists had simplified things considerably in the interest of just making certain passages possible and close enough.

About six months ago I decided to revisit my re-workings and shoot for something more accurate, figuring that I was probably a better guitar player now, 40 years later. This arrangement is one of the results of that mission. After a few requests from the TG Community I might as well go ahead with a lesson on it. Any big project must be taken in small steps so we will roll these parts out occasionally.

Enjoy this level 9 drip feed lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... hogan.html

unclewalt

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm

TGNeil

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:39 pm

unclewalt wrote:
Definitely worth doing, Neil, if you count at least one person meaning to take it on as worth it.
Thanks Walt,

I definitely count one person willing to tackle it making it worth doing because I'm sure there are others out there who just might not visit, or post to the Forum. I am not sure how quickly the rest will unfold just yet so let me know if you get bored or have Section A mastered and I will expedite things!

Neil

unclewalt

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:01 pm

davidrfinn99165

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:51 am

I'm in too thx Neil. No rush for section B quite yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic